It's Friday, so what ya'll got planned for the weekend

Saturday morning (9:00 AM, ugh!) I have an 8-ball pool tournament, and if our team does well, we'll be tied up Saturday evening, too.

Shop-wise, the Viking furniture project is done, so I'll be doing some cleanup and getting back to work on more turned stuff for the upcoming shows.

I also need to hook all my living room audio and video components back up. I dismantled everything a while back to put it in a different entertainment center cabinet, but it didn't fit, so I get to re-do it in its original cabinet. :doh:

And of course, no telling what the honey-do list might entail. :rolleyes:

Friday night: Chaperon my 8th grade daughter (and her friends) at the local HS football game.

Saturday: Continue to work on the turning shed, e.g. insulating, OSB wall sheathing. Possible motorcycle ride with friends. Cleaning the house for my wife's "Texas Hold'em" tourney that evening.

Sunday: Finish up what I don't finish on Saturday in the shed and hopefully paint the walls. Install new blinds in my mother-in-laws house.

Go to work saturday in Galveston. When I get home I'll change the oil in my truck for the second time since rebuilding the motor Last weekend. Sunday I plan on sleeping late!

Satuday morin tear out carpet and prep a floor for flooring. Sunday install floor(700 sqft) and finish with new transitions and molding. Then somwhere in there I need to drop off 200' of flooring at a different location to let it sit till I get back. If any time is left, then I will go out in the woods and get a few more loads of firwood.

Clean up from the various small projects so far. Glue up some blanks and mill some parts for some more small items. Continue to meditate on whether a coffee table or a dresser should come next for the house. I also have to decide on mahogony or walnut for the living room theme. So far mahogany is winning in my mind.

This morning, my Shrine Club is having a screening clinic for children who might possibly benefit from treatment at one of the Shrine Hospitals.
This afternoon, if it doesn't rain, I'll be doing some yard work. And, time permitting, I'll turn a couple pens that I'll donate for a woman's event at my church.
Tomorrow, after church, I'll drive to Missouri, spend some time with son, dil, and grands. Then in a.m. Monday, pick up wife and a friend of hers at the airport.

Big system install for a bank at work. Those always start on Friday at 8pm. Goes to about 1am. Them back at work 8am Saturday for the bank to test and accept the system. It went well, only a couple of problems, which I get paid to figure out and fix.

In this shop this afternoon putting shellac on Box 1. Learning a lot. Maybe getting some where on the finish.

Also finishing the bottom "shelf" of the Green Egg table.

Tonight I am going to sit with best friend who just got out of hospital. Kidney stones. One was 6mm, yep, that's BIG.... OUCH !!!!

Not sure about tomorrow. Some shop time for sure.

Everyone be careful and enjoy your sawdust.

...bartee...

I smoked 50 lbs of Baby Back ribs, low and slow, on my Weber Smokey Mountain. That, as well as baked beans, corn bread and mac and cheese, with Key Lime pie for desert, fed The Bride, my two daughters and their families, as well as my son and his GF.

Tomorrow, I will buy a Beall Polishing system and give a few turnings a polish . . . have ribs for lunch and dinner and watch a little football. Really, can life get any better?

I smoked 50 lbs of Baby Back ribs, low and slow, on my Weber Smokey Mountain. That, as well as baked beans, corn bread and mac and cheese, with Key Lime pie for desert, fed The Bride, my two daughters and their families, as well as my son and his GF.

Google maps says I can be there in 5 hours and 9 minutes. I'm betting I can do it in 4 hours if I hurry. Save some ribs for me...I'll be there in a bit. :D

Tomorrow, I will buy a Beall Polishing system and give a few turnings a polish . . . have ribs for lunch and dinner and watch a little football. Really, can life get any better?

Wait until you see how much better life can be after you've used a 3-wheel buffing system. You'll have an even bigger grin on your face than you do now. :p Sounds like a good weekend, though.

Oh, and since I'm typing this at 9:25 PM, it's safe to say our team didn't last real long in the pool tournament. I think the term is "had our hind ends handed to us". :rolleyes: We played well, but we were outgunned by a good team. (We still got trophys and patches for being the division champs.)

Vaughn, shall I expect you for lunch or dinner? Sorry, but The Bride and I just finished off the last of the Key Lime Pie for breakfast. MMMmmmmm.

A quick off topic, will the Beall wheels polish the inside of a smaller bowl (3”-10”) or should I get a set of bowl polishers as well?