To much chocolate,,Part 2

larry merlau

well we got the chocolate thinned down yesterday and i dont have pics but my great helper Tom does:) we got a little bit of everything yesterday. finished up sawing at 8:30 and started at 8:30. so tom after yu read this go ahead and post yur pics you have.. and we sortin out your pile today:) thanks again for all of your help Tom:D:thumb::thumb:

What fun that was :D Only the second time doing that and it was more fun that the first time:thumb: Well Larry and his brother handled the front end of the operation, sorting the logs, getting to and on the sawmill and loading in trucks. larrys wife Randi and I handled unloading what they cut and loaded. Wow Randi is a trooper, it was hard keeping up with her:thumb: Once again they had Chris, Larrys sawyer, man he knows what he's doing and is a joy to watch:thumb: I hope all slept well last night, I did:p:)
Well here are some pics for you all to drool over:D

Attachments

• Larry & logs.jpg
    Larry & logs.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 94
  • sawmill.jpg
    sawmill.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 97
  • Cherry plank.jpg
    Cherry plank.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 97
  • some cherry_walnut.jpg
    some cherry_walnut.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 90
  • 1st chocolate load.jpg
    1st chocolate load.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 95
  • 2nd load chocolate stickered.jpg
    2nd load chocolate stickered.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 97
Oh boy you guys must have slept well last night.:D:rofl:

That is sure some haul there. Wish i was there to see the cutting. Always wanted to see how thats done in real life rather than through the pics or U Tube video. Something to do with smelling the sawdust in the morning.:rofl:

So is Larry a woodworker now or a lumber yard? Dont think he will make much money at it cause he is always giving it away.:thumb:;)

Great to see the trees being recycled. How about some shots of some "select" grain boards. There must have been some "special" oohs or ahhs in that bunch.

Still one of those special days Eh! Great to see thanks for posting guys.:thumb:

Great to see the trees being recycled. How about some shots of some "select" grain boards. There must have been some "special" oohs or ahhs in that bunch.

Still one of those special days Eh! Great to see thanks for posting guys.:thumb:

Lots of "special" stuff Rob:D They just keep cuttin' the so fast, didn't have time to shoot the special stuff, l'll just say I bet Larry is STILL smiling:) And any day you can spend the day with a friend is a special day:thumb:.
Glenn, there was more cut after I left that don't have pics that was from one of the large crotch walnut:eek: can't wait to see what came out of that:thumb:

we got some sweet cherry tod, had some great feather croctch stuff in one log and the sap streaks were very slight.got some 13 to 15" stuff. ended up gettin around 500 bf on the cherry 400bf of butter nut, got 268bf of walnut from the big crotch log that had the hollow spot tom.and i havnt talled up the total walnut haul for the day yet.will tryt to get some purty shots this afternoon..:D THANKS AGAIN TOM fer the help.

Michigan is such a nice place to visit. I'll have to make sure I stop by Delton sometime soon.
...art

(don't got no pickup truck, but my Sienna has plenty of room out back... ;))

we got some sweet cherry tod, had some great feather croctch stuff in one log and the sap streaks were very slight.got some 13 to 15" stuff. ended up gettin around 500 bf on the cherry 400bf of butter nut, got 268bf of walnut from the big crotch log that had the hollow spot tom.and i havnt talled up the total walnut haul for the day yet.will tryt to get some purty shots this afternoon..:D THANKS AGAIN TOM fer the help.
Probably no small pieces left over to turn a pen from!

mac i got scrap that most would love to have.. i got one block that had some hardware near it that is all crotch, and is around 4" thick by 14" square.. i am to tuckered toget pic now but yu will have a box of the stuff headed your way..this is green mac so be fore warned..i am chocolated out!!!

What a haul.:thumb: You sure don't see anything like that in West Texas.:( I guess you just have to live where you have to shovel snow in the winter to have sights like that, eh?:rolleyes::D

Well we've all known about "Famous Amos" the Cookie man, but now we've got Our OWN,........ "Hairy Larry", The Chocolate Man.:thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

When are you starting to build the Lumber yard Sheds, Larry?:D

Wow, that is certainly a day's work, but what a stash of wood you will have!

Can I assume that is a temp storage area for it?

How wet/dry was the wood?

Great pics! :thumb:

Man am i green with envy.:D Great stash. Are you letting it air dry or do you have some one to dry it for you? Ether way that's some great wood .:thumb::thumb:
Steve

the chocolate is all gettin air dried better color and easier to work with steve..the steamed stuff looks like muddy water compared to air dried stuff.

norman i have ran outa room for sure. got another night of stacking and i will be done... i have a pretty good pile of scrap pieces/ walnut, sugar maple,butterut,cherry,and a dab of white oak.. if any of you flks want a box of it and are will to pay shipping and small nominal fee i can see that yu get some of it.. just pm me with your wants and we go from there..AL killian is coming over this friday and is head south afterwards so if your intrsted he possibly could drop some of the bigger stuff off on his way south..

Wow, that is certainly a day's work, but what a stash of wood you will have!

Can I assume that is a temp storage area for it?

How wet/dry was the wood?

Great pics! :thumb:

well i hope this is the tempoary storage:), my garage is full my dad has some in his barn and i have the dried stuff in the shop.. but its gonna get thinned
out .. i think i ended up getting around 800bf walnut added to the list of the other stuff previously. this stuff was checked on the outside but the inside was in great shape and still green. but the dryun had began becasue it cut hard.. i have some real green scrap and some kinda dry scrap.

here is some of what came from the crotch we split..got 264bf of lumber from just one of the crotches the worst one:) it had some rot in the center but the outside looked ok i think :)
tn_wood cut-9-09 001.jpg tn_wood cut-9-09 002.jpg

oh we had some blotchy areas in some of it as well:)
a+p=h

Last edited:
Apart from having my mouth watering to see all that wood, I wonder where will Larry work if his shop if full of wood as I see on the pic. Outside?

Or it is not Larry's shop?

tony thats the old shop in the pic..with then two small stacks now there two stacks to the ceiling and another 3ft high next to them. plus i have other hiding places two:) might just have to retire and sell lumber huh:)