Thread: Hand Tool Makers website

Hand Tool Makers website

Folks

I've started up the Shop Made section of the Hand Tool Makers website. There's a new Gallery function I've just added that should make the whole process easier all around. Please preview it at;

http://handtoolmakers.com/Shop_Made/htmshopmadedir.html

The borders are just temporary. There are a variety of choices for final work.

If all works well, I'll add the Gallery to the Commercial section too.

Gary
    Gary Roberts
    Massachusetts
    Blog: Toolemera Blog
    Web Site: http://toolemera.com/

How does this work? Do you have to be a professional, that is a for sale sort of toolmaker or can you just make handtools from scratch at home?

I don't make very many hand tools, but the ones I have done were quite nice in my opinion. So far its just been a Stanley #140 belonging to Paul Hubbman, a shoulder plane, dovetail saw and now a slitter. I spend so many hours on them that I wouldn't mind letting other see them.

Here is a picture of my shoulder plane. The quarter in the picture is just to show how polished the stainless steel is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Plane-Polished-Small.jpg  
    I have no intention of traveling from birth to the grave in a manicured and well preserved body; but rather I will skid in sideways, totally beat up, completely worn out, utterly exhausted and jump off my tractor and loudly yell, "Wow, this is what it took to feed a nation!"

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Johnson View Post
    How does this work? Do you have to be a professional, that is a for sale sort of toolmaker or can you just make handtools from scratch at home?

I don't make very many hand tools, but the ones I have done were quite nice in my opinion. So far its just been a Stanley #140 belonging to Paul Hubbman, a shoulder plane, dovetail saw and now a slitter. I spend so many hours on them that I wouldn't mind letting other see them.

Here is a picture of my shoulder plane. The quarter in the picture is just to show how polished the stainless steel is.
    It's real simple. If you have tools that make for sale, a listing goes under the Commercial section. If you have tools that you make for yourself or for friends (and not for sale) then it goes in the Shop Made section. People can and will have stuff in both areas. Doesn't matter how simple or complex the tool is. That's up to you. Each gallery can contain up to 250 images, which leaves a lot of space for any one person to fill up.

Gary
    Gary Roberts
    Massachusetts
    Blog: Toolemera Blog
    Web Site: http://toolemera.com/

Looks like a great site gary. I bookmarked it under my Woodworking/Handtools folder.