Hand Tool Makers website

How does this work? Do you have to be a professional, that is a for sale sort of toolmaker or can you just make handtools from scratch at home?

I don't make very many hand tools, but the ones I have done were quite nice in my opinion. So far its just been a Stanley #140 belonging to Paul Hubbman, a shoulder plane, dovetail saw and now a slitter. I spend so many hours on them that I wouldn't mind letting other see them.

Here is a picture of my shoulder plane. The quarter in the picture is just to show how polished the stainless steel is.

Attachments

• Plane-Polished-Small.jpg
    Plane-Polished-Small.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 20
How does this work? Do you have to be a professional, that is a for sale sort of toolmaker or can you just make handtools from scratch at home?

I don't make very many hand tools, but the ones I have done were quite nice in my opinion. So far its just been a Stanley #140 belonging to Paul Hubbman, a shoulder plane, dovetail saw and now a slitter. I spend so many hours on them that I wouldn't mind letting other see them.

Here is a picture of my shoulder plane. The quarter in the picture is just to show how polished the stainless steel is.

It's real simple. If you have tools that make for sale, a listing goes under the Commercial section. If you have tools that you make for yourself or for friends (and not for sale) then it goes in the Shop Made section. People can and will have stuff in both areas. Doesn't matter how simple or complex the tool is. That's up to you. Each gallery can contain up to 250 images, which leaves a lot of space for any one person to fill up.

Gary