Chocolate design help wanted

Tom Niemi

Staff member
OK I went to Larrys tonight and dug deep thru the scrap pile from the cutting last weekend to see if I could find something maybe worth using:huh: I don't know if I found something or not:dunno: heck I don't even know if its even any good for pens, what ya think Mack, pen material:huh: So what do ya all think, what should I make with this scrap:rolleyes::D

Attachments

• Chocoalte salvaging 1.jpg
    Chocoalte salvaging 1.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 57
  • Chocoalte salvaging 2.jpg
    Chocoalte salvaging 2.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 48
  • Chocoalte salvaging 3.jpg
    Chocoalte salvaging 3.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 45
  • Chocoalte salvaging 4.jpg
    Chocoalte salvaging 4.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 49
  • Chocoalte salvaging 5.jpg
    Chocoalte salvaging 5.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 38
ok tom, here's my 2 cents worth. i'd say medium sized side table/cabinet. the chocolate in the upper part of the first pic would make some pretty dramatic door panels. moderately tall, but not too narrow. the lower part could be bookmatched for a rectangular top. the rest is up to you...:D:thumb:

Tom, Wait till friday and I will help with the design.:D They will make some really nice end tables or even a few nice boxes. Oh, I picked up some defective maple at lowes yesterday for you. Something about streaks running thru the grain sideways, they marked them down to $4 each.:thumb:

Hey Tom if those are "SCRAPS" I would love to see the good boards and then what do the excellent ones look like.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Is that wood dry ? Looks it but i aint no expert at all.:D

Gee, Tom, I know very well what I would do from those, and I'm not joking at all like the others;).

Take the first pic you took, see what that shape suggest you, what could come out from that shape with minor additions or modifications.

Forget about tables, cabinets and other pieces of furniture, that shape is already a start of something really striking.

Explore your mind and the material potential as itself, because once you cut it and square it it will be like any other wood board. Do work hard on the ideas and on the design, and please, please do not be eager to start cutting it, use that initial shape to create something that is already there.

Put the boards upside down, capsized, perpendicular, inclined and see beyond the material.

I know it sounds very mistic but please think a lot before putting a saw on those boards.