Evaluation of a Compressor before purchase and Line installation

Dan Mosley

Attachment 1 - is an article i found on the web that helps you with a very good understanding of compressors and what to look for in purchasing one.

Attachment 2 - explains the installation of compressor lines

Dan

Attachments

• Compressor Advice.doc
    104 KB · Views: 30
  • Compressor Piping Instructions.doc
    92.5 KB · Views: 20
Thanks, Dan. If possible, you should give credit to the author(s) of these.

BTW, the article on piping is for dust collectors, not compressors. ;)

I tried to look for the person that wrote the article but was unablle to find out - However below is a quote from the article written stating the following:

Forrest Addy. Forrest has been an incredible resource in many areas for woodworkers and has helped me personally often and well. He consistently declines the few favors that others and I have tried to send in his direction. I admit right up front with considerable embarrassment that much of the material for this page came directly from Forrest's considerable sharing.

Sorry but i can not even tell you who Forrest Addy is........Dan

Methinks you should edit your post.

The first article, in so many words, advises against PVC for compressor lines.

You reference the second article as if it is intended for compressor lines but, as Vaughan said, it's about dust collector lines.

For further clarification...don't use PVC for air lines. Some people do and haven't had any problems. But then again, some people drive drunk without seat belts, and also haven't had any problems. Yet.

agree - i posted both on using PVC and piping - yep its better to use the piping as the article suggests and i should probably have posted the other as they would appear to be in conflict.

Forrest was not the original writer of the article but was the main source of information for the person who wrote it.

Thanks Dan