Call me lazy

Bruce Page

I finished up a pair of 9 pane cabinet doors last weekend – finished except for squaring up the 72 corners…:rolleyes: Well, after hand chiseling a dozen or so corners I pulled out the plastic and ordered a Bullnose/chisel plane from Lee Valley and while I was at it I got the edge-trimming plane too. They both worked great right out of the box. I was really impressed with the quality and finish, particularly on the Bullnose.
Anyway, here’s the required pic.

Attachments

• Planes.jpg
    Planes.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 61
Lazy:rolleyes: .....Nice tools..Congrats!..does that bullnose plane allow you to make corners or just used to smoothup chisel marks?

Ken, the front section comes off and it becoms a chisel plane. I think it would work great in cherry & softer woods, this white oak is pretty tough though..

I think I'm going to use balsa as the primary wood on my next project. :rolleyes:

bruce, you`ll use those guys for years-n-years to come......nice score!
when it comes to tuning oak i find it best to take small bites with really sharp tools....tod

That fence was getting just too uncomfortable wedged in where it was. So I just placed my order and I'm officially blaming it on Bruce Page.:D
I've been looking at it as an alternative to my Stanley #93 which often just feels too big to me for tenon trimming. Plus I like the idea of being able to convert to a chisel plane for getting into corners.

That fence was getting just too uncomfortable wedged in where it was. So I just placed my order and I'm officially blaming it on Bruce Page.:D
I've been looking at it as an alternative to my Stanley #93 which often just feels too big to me for tenon trimming. Plus I like the idea of being able to convert to a chisel plane for getting into corners.
Go ahead Doug, I have big shoulders…well not as big as they used to be.:(

Well mine showed up yesterday - except I splurged and got the turbo version. The matching laser line gizmos for each side are still on BO though.
LVTurbo2.jpgLVTurbo6.jpg
Good thing this thread aint in the Neander section where they dont allow electrons.

Great looking stuff! Did you have to do much tuning up to use them or were they good to go out of the box

Jay

Great looking stuff! Did you have to do much tuning up to use them or were they good to go out of the box

Jay

Jay, mine was good to go right out of the box. I finished one of my doors (36 corners) using the chisel plane but it's time to break out the Mk II and sharpen up the blade. The A2 blade has chipped pretty badly.

Well mine showed up yesterday - except I splurged and got the turbo version. The matching laser line gizmos for each side are still on BO though.
View attachment 3564View attachment 3565
Good thing this thread aint in the Neander section where they dont allow electrons.
Never figured I'd see a hand plane that takes batteries. :p Before you know it we'll have chisels with headphone jacks. :rolleyes: :D