Why no shop time last night

Well, got to go in the wood shop last night to get the air compressor fired up, get the hose, nozzle and digital tire gauge. I always check air in trailer tires before heading out as well as airing up the air bags on the pickup. Set the airbags at only 50#s as I was hauling just 6 head of cattle.

Here is the rig. '03 Dodge with 24' stock trailer. Notice shop manager #1 in the bed. She loves to ride and even though I don't take her off of the farm, don't think she would leave that bed unless someone drug her out or bothered one of the family members!
Truck and trailer.jpg

Didn't take long, these calves have been moved in the trailer before (I do that on purpose, they soon learn the trailer means new pasture). This time it means a permanent pasture. This has been a great bunch of calves to be around, easy to work with, move, feed and were very healthy.
Trailer Load II.jpg

Here they are at the processing plant, lined up watching cars go by on a side street (this processing plant is in town!).
Cattle at Monon II.jpg

This is the gal that didn't have a calf this spring. Either provide a calf or meat. She is a real showy calf, but after getting her off of the trailer, she validated my decision for her to be there.
Heifer at Monon.jpg

Here is another shot of the group watching cars. This gives a side profile and an idea of the size. They were approximately 1400# on the hoof. 60% should be their dress weight. This group of 6 calves will feed over 10 families this coming winter.
Cattle at Monon I.jpg

Dan i would have added something about the boss is ensuring there is steak for that steak dinner that his Dad has promised him for getting the shop ready.:D:rofl::rofl:.

On a serious note there are some lucky families in your area Jonathan to be getting meat that was raised in a orderly manner. :thumb:

Some fine looking calves.
With that size and cutability, and appearance, I'm guessing they are Maine-Anjou crosses. A bit short legged to be pure, I believe.
Yep, if momma's don't have babies, gotta go. It's a bizness.

Very good Frank! Actually Maine and Limousin cross bulls the past few years. My cows are Shorthorn and two are Shorthorn/Jersey crosses. So the mothering and milking abilities are all there. Have gone to renting bulls, cost me $200.00 dollars for a bull for two to three months. I get better bulls than I could ever afford to buy and don't have a mouth to feed that only works two months out of the year. :rofl::rofl:

Yep. I know about that keeping a bull year round business.
Only upside is I got to know the county real well running around on foot chasing bulls that were chasing neighbors cows. Fixed lotsa fence too.