Bad boo boo, any suggestions?

allen levine

I finished all the pieces on my unit except for spinning the legs and knobs.
I decided to assemble doors and panels today.
Last panel, last side, I picked up the wrong pocket screws, and even after I cracked one side, (outside naturally), I proceeded like a total moron not checking the screws and cracked the other side.
I would love to salvage these stiles, how do I fix it so its not really noticable?
Or am in just plain out of luck.:(:(:(:dunno::dunno::dunno:

The truth is, I have to blame it on my wife.
She came home for an early lunch today with my daughter and they made soup, and called me in from the garage. Normally, I never eat lunch early or usually just skip it, since I eat enough. But, since food is more attractive to me than woodworking, I went in when they called and had soup. My glasses are on a string, and a bit of soup spilled into them,(im not only vision impaired and ugly, IM a slob also) and I didnt notice it.
When I went back into the garage to assemble the last panel, I put my glasses on and they were dirty, and I had to go in to wash them, I just said, ok, wash them after you finish these last 8 screws, holes are already made.
So, no reading glasses on, I didnt see the thread on the screws, and picked the wrong ones.

Attachments

• wood stuff 1310 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 1310 (Medium).jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 77
  • wood stuff 1312 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 1312 (Medium).jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 69
Ditto, and in addition I would screw the new and right screws with the clamps on once the glue has dried. In this way the clamps will give the wood the strengh they need not to split again.

I used the air hose to blow glue into the cracks, I didnt want to pull them anymore apart.(someone told me about the air line to blow glue in a while ago)
I dont think I need to put new pocket screws in, the glue joint seems pretty bonded. I clamped it all down, will leave it alone overnight.

I'm with Toni; glue clamp. Rescrew once dry with clamps in place for added security. I'll add that I would drive the screws the last couple turns by hand.

no can do Dan. Pocket joinery is here to stay. For framework its fantastic, no clamping time, no wait, just move on to next step. Dont have to set up for mortise and tenons, dont have to cut them all.