Another Weekend is upon us so What Yall got planned

Might have to help at the booth of my favorite political party at the county fair in the a.m. In afternoon, my woodturning club meets. I'm giving a lecture on why the bowl gouge is a communist plot. Evening watching the Arkansas Razorbacks play Georgia. Could be a very good game. Georgia is ranked but Arkansas is a one point favorite. Sunday a.m. church, aft. whatever wife wants to do.

Work on the pipe organ, watch some football, try my hand at my first hollow form (that’s a spinny guys term), watch some football, grill some New Yorks, watch some football, probably repeat the same on Sunday but maybe not in the same order, except maybe grill some beer can chicken. I‘ll be praying for an Oakland Raider win, but my hopes have been dashed by this time in the season the last six years or so.:dunno: It’s supposed to be in the 100’s this weekend so I won’t be in the garag . . .er – shop, after it hits 85.

Laying about, too weak and sore to do anything. Trying to recover from whatever bug's got me.

Dr. and I both thought it might be Swine Flu, but the tests came back negative, so now he's treating as a plain ole viral infection.

Between the chills, fever, and other nasty bodily reactions, I've only left home to go to the Doctor's since Wednesday, and the way I feel right now, it'll likely be a couple more days befor I even try to go out to the shop.

Only good things are 1. negative for SF, and 2. today was a little bit better than yesterday...

Saturday I'm going to finish (my part) of wiring the turning shed. Once that's done, I'll hire an electrician to wire the subpanel as well as wire in the proper circuits into the main house panel. One thing I haven't figured out yet is how to drive 2 8' grounding rods all the way into the ground.

Sunday my plans include continue cleaning up the garage wood shop and then going to the Mariner :thumb: vs. Yankee :( game with my wife.

Do chores tomorrow. Surf the net.
Sunday is Eid. Eid is celebrated after a succsesfull month of fasting. Kinda like Christmas, except that it is not a birthday of any religious figure. The day will be spent going over friends and family homes, giving/receiving hugs and eating sweet stuff.

Peter, I drove one in as I was rehabbing my shop a few years ago. I used an 8# sledge and stood on a ladder to get it going. As it was beaten in, I could drop down a step. But it was tough going. Hope you don't hit any rocks!!!!
First thing tomorrow, I've got to finish laying the tile in the guest room. After that, I'll get cleaned up and go get the haircut I should have remembered to do last weekend when I had the extra day off. Then I need to get back in the guest room and start cleaning the thinset off of the tile. If all goes well and my knee holds out (got slammed last night by one of the rescue pups...bad knees to start with) I'll do the grout. Told LOML yesterday that I would let the thinset cure for a week. Might still be a good idea, especially if my knee is giving me fits after tomorrow's work.
Hope everyone has a great weekend! Jim.

lathe didnt come in today:(

thought Id be spinning up a storm this weekend in between, guess Ill be stuck doing some flatwork and watching football. Doesnt sound that bad though.
Hope you feel better Jim.

Saturday we're off to Danish Days in Solvang CA, about 2 hours north, to go see my brother-in-law's Viking encampment (and to see the various furniture I built this summer to go with it).

Sunday it's Honey-Do list time, and any spare time will be spent in the shop trying to get some more small stuff done before the next show (which is next weekend).

And I'll second the "Get well soon Jim" comment. ;)

Jim, hurt knees suck, take it easy.

I caught a cold, and yes the irony of that is not lost on my, our youngest daughter caught the H1N1 flu, and has been quite sick, she is well on the way to 100% (kids rebound fast!) and is fine, but we have been washing our hands like lady Macbeth, wearing the cotton face masks and being very careful, and still, I catch a stinking cold :bang: No fever, so it is not the flu, just a stinking cold.

I've got so much stuff to do, but I'm mainly sleeping and doing Vitamin C by the crate :doh:

But this too shall pass :wave:

Thanks Stu. I figure before it's all said and done, I'll have to have knee replacements. My knees have bothered me for years. All from running track.

I've been thinking about your family and especially your daughter. Hope she is getting better and the rest of you don't get it. Having the cold might reduce your chances of staying away from it, so be extra careful!!
Such scary stories here with the H1N1, especially with kids, younger than your two. Jim.

Today was Garage Sale Day. For the last week we've been staging tables of things to sell in the garage. Getting sawdust on all of it would be the end of me, so no shop time.

The hardest part was that UPS left a package from Penn State Industries on my steps friday morning. It was the drive center, tailstock center and the 8 piece set of turning gouges. I have all the pieces to my lathe and can't make curlies . . .

Sunday will have to be the day. Now I have to start stocking up on wood to use for blanks. Doing flatwork I usually only have 3/4 and 5/4 material on hand.

I'll post some pictures tomorrow if I get anything done.

Cheers

Jim

Jim DeLaney, hope you are feeling better, I'm getting over my cold, Sunday morning here and I'm feeling better than I have for a week :thumb:

Jim O'Dell, thanks for the good thoughts on my daughter, she is much improved, now she is still home-bound, and she is BORED :rolleyes: :D

I hope to get down in the Dungeon after dropping off my eldest daughter and wife uptown, they are going clothes shopping, and I offered to drive them, that way I'll not get stuck shopping with them ;) :D :wave: