Drift Master Bandsaw Fence on Sale and Question

Dan Mosley

I am in need for a fence for my bandsaw and saw this ad for fence on sale and thought i would see what others know about it or what they think of it.
Currently i have been using homemade setups etc and have gotten by.......but this fence seems to be very well made and easy to install on many different types of bandsaws.

The Driftmaster Fence on sale at:
Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Laguna-Tools-D...2447177&sr=8

and Videos to review at:

or contact them directly at Laguna - Tim (800) 234-1976 ext. 9617. Thanks!

Wow Dan. The link did not seem to work for me but i went and searched for the fence on Amazon. If it is the correct one i found it was $295 for the fence.

My first thought was wow thats a steep price for a fence considering something like the Grizzly 14"bandsaw is only $575 amd comes with a fence. And that is for the Go555X there is the Go555 which is $395 with a fence.

So in the value for $$$ category i would say that is a very expensive upgrade but i suppose it depends on your saw.

What saw do you have??

Just my 5 cents:)

before i would plop down 300$ on an aftermarket fence i`d put it in the bank and save for a feeder........be a nice start.

Yeah i thought it was a bit expensive to - The saw is a Davis-Wells bandsaw built in the mid 30' s and i have restored it slowly over time back to its original condition (new tires, wheels balanced, guide blocks rebuilt with new original guide blocks, shafts returned, new bearings etc-). Totally restored to original so far and working beautifully - 26" bed - 220 power.
I found more than one original fence system to complete it all original but they run 250 or so - two different sources that happen to have a couple of the originals in their shops but they are expensive also.......
Guess ill let it ride for now because of the expense - I have been getting by with wood and clamps and i guess i can get by awhile longer,.....but thanks for the comments and posts