All right who's the doofus...

What about cutting off the tails and not the waste on the dovetails of the last corner of a drawer? I did.

If I loose concentration or if I want to rush I'm sure I'll make a mistake. Somedays one should better sweep the floor of the shop and tidy it.:(:(

I agree Tony. In my case having a loose collet sounds stupid, but I was working on my house that day and as we hauled gravel, I would push it over with the dozer. That took 5 minutes, the trucks trips took 15. So I spent my extra 10 minutes woodworking while I waited. It was start and stop so much, I forgot where I left off.

As for mood swings, if I am mad I stay out of the shop too. Since I am married that might explain why I have not been in the shop for the last 6 months! (LOL)

Does mixing shellac flakes with mineral spirits instead of denatured alcohol count? Could have sworn that can said alcohol - and, no, I hadn't had any beforehand. Wondered why those darned flakes weren't dissolving.

Any mistake that doesn't result in the loss of blood or body parts is allowable!

JimC

Today I cut dados in the wrong side of a stile for shelves on one of my cabinet sides. Not too bad because it was the back stile and once its installed you won't see it. But then I grabbed another and did the same, but it was a front stile so I got to remake that.