Thread: Well we did it...

Oak Harbor Washington on Whidbey Island

Well we did it...

We did a rescue of this cute little girl.

She is what is referred to as a Tweeny. She is neither a Mini Dachshund or a Standard Dachshund she is in-between hence the tweeny.
    So here is my little red head Mini Juliet 8 #4oz& our black & Tan Tweeny Mary 15# together. They seem to get along together very well.
    Last edited by Bart Leetch; 09-19-2009 at 11:49 PM.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

Constantine, MI
    “We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk

ABQ NM
    Well done on the rescue, Bart. Your dogs may be smaller than mine, but I'll bet they love their people just as much.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

Between Aledo and Fort Worth, TX
    Same here, GOOD JOB WITH THE RESCUE!!! Until the normal public embraces the concept of spay and neuter, we will always have extra dogs. Right now we have 7 in foster care, 2 of which are blind, 5 of which are here at our house, and 3 of those 5 under 8 months old. And dare I say, from 1 to 7 on the horizon that may be coming in. So any dog you can rescue and take out of the "system" be it public or private, and give a forever home is a great thing. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

Amherst, New Hampshire
    Nice looking dogs.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Indianapolis area
    Adorable dogs!! Good for you! We have 2 rescue dogs--they have become best friends. I wish you the same kind of "family".

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

There's no better feeling than to rescue an animal in need.! The five dogs we now have are all rescues and some of the most behaved and loyal dogs I've ever had.