well david ,, i think we have some things in common after reading your story,, you will have those ill thoughts pop up for some time but they do go away,, i had a previous boss that had the same principals.. now i have had a better one for at least 5 yrs,, and its good feeling to be bale to go to work even if its only 4 days now and not wonder if the boss is gonna show you some more new words... congrats and keep looking ahead na dtry to put the past behind yu:wave::thumb:

That is great news. We all spend so much time at our jobs it is a shame when it can't be at least rewarding if not enjoyable. Did you take the opportunity to wait till your old boss was in mid-cuss to stop him, look him square in the eye and say "you know what you want, why don't you do it?" and resign? I did that at the one job I've had that I really hated and it sure felt good ;-)

Real good news David. Boy I was reading your story and thinking you must be a saint for putting up with the farmer guy. Sounds like he should be put in jail for slavery and abuse. Heck its the 21 st century not the sweat shops of old England amazing he let you off on weekends. Or should i say let you out.

Real good to hear you landed something that you like and has decent fellas.

Wish i was a fly on the wall with the farmer when you told him you quit. But then you cant afford to go crazy you never know you might have to be back with him if something ever goes wrong.:(

Best of luck at GBP:thumb: Its all sunshine from here on.

David:

Life's too short to put up with that stuff... You did it because you needed to, got tired of it and found something better.

The best advice my Dad gave me was - enjoy what you do for a living.

I've done pretty well so for on that front. If I can stretch it out another 20 years I'll retire a happy man.

There just appear to be unhappy people in the world. I knew a guy that complained about working as a mechanic for a local business. He eventualy moved on to another job. 2 weeks later he came back and complained about his new job. Maybe's he's not happy if he not complaining.

Cheers

Jim

David,
Congratulation on the new job... kinda glad I don't need one now..

I do have to say you're a better man than I would be... first time the farmer cussed me, we would have had a talk and either he got the idea that he doesn't talk to me that way or I would have been fired... likely the second from the way you talked.

Good Luck on your future...

Great to hear you really like going to work.:thumb::thumb: I'm one very fortunate guy. I have been with the same employer 41+ years and have looked forward to work almost every day.

Good for you and don't feel too bad about not giving a notice. Its a respect thing. I have worked for similar people before and walking on egg shells is never fun. As I said, good for you for getting out.

As for your farmer boss...oh can I relate. My Grandfather is like that, yelling and screaming all the time. I call it working for the Tuttles because he might be mad at something else and yet you are to blame. (The tuttles, as in the Orange County Choppers series about motorcycle building).

Now in contrast we have my Uncle who has a big dairy farm and they are a dream to work for. Because they are bigger, rely on help and train a lot more people, they just know mistakes happen and shrug a lot of stuff off. They have had the same guys for years which on a dairy farm is just crazy talk...no one lives that lifestyle for long. Not their help...they stay for years and years. And I can see why. Its so nice to work there, I go up there and work for free just to help them out and chat...it is that friendly there. I would work there full time, but here is the thing...there is no room because no one quits. I fill in, but full time is out of the question until someone dies I swear!

My grandfather's farm is a mere 125 cows and he has not put an ounce of money into the place over the years and blames everyone for his misfortune. My Uncle, he has the biggest equipment and farm in the county. Now I wonder what role model I should have???

Hummm maybe good guys do finish first, it just doesn't appear that way because they are too busy building their legacy. And the ones that berate...well they only do so because they need to do that in order to make themselves feel good. Not me or you my fiend, we feel better about ourselves by helping others. May the world have more of us huh?

Best of luck on your new job. Sounds like you'll appreciate it even more now.

Fantastic news David. I've unfortunately had a job that I hated/made me sick and it was its on form of hell. Here's to wishing you a long, happy run with your new employer.