Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey Southern Boys and Bells...

Hey Southern Boys and Bells...

They are headed your way. Last week I saw my first flock of geese headed south, and this is the third straight day in a row we had frost.

The women folk are trying to get me to turn on the heat but there is no way I am turning on the darn heat until October. No way, no how even if the temps in the rooms are 57 degrees. I tell them "Put on a sweatshirt", or if they really are cold, go outside and snuggle with a sheep, heck they got thick wool sweaters!

As for the leaves, yep nice bright red color to the swamp maples, and the the rest of the trees are quickly changing color. The air is crisp, the days getting short and we all know what happens to the ewes when that happens. Yep, the Ram has been let out of his pen...and we will leave it at that.

It is definitely fall, for better or worse its headed south!
    I have no intention of traveling from birth to the grave in a manicured and well preserved body; but rather I will skid in sideways, totally beat up, completely worn out, utterly exhausted and jump off my tractor and loudly yell, "Wow, this is what it took to feed a nation!"

Well send it my way. Was outside today in shorts and t-shirt at 8:30 am with the sweat rollin off of me.

Amherst, New Hampshire
    Not sure where you are in Maine Travis. I assume I'm a bit farther south.
    Geese are leaving here as well. We have a good size pond in our back yard and they honk like crazy then take off, make a few circles of the pond and fly south.
    Just starting to get a bit of color in the leaves.
    As far as the heat goes, I stomp my feet and tell my wife no heat until Halloween.....It went on last night
    Faith, Hope & Charity

The Heart of Dixie
    HEAT?? My gosh, it's still in the 80's most days.

I saw a few ducks this week paddling and a few geese too while out paddling this past week. I know it is fall when I see the Coots arrive.
    God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do,
    and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Kudzu Craft Lightweight Skin on frame Kayaks.
    Custom built boats and Kits

falcon heights, minnesota
    80's around here too...
    benedictione omnes bene

Oliver Springs, TN
    upper 70s lower 80s here also. I am looking forward to those crisp mornings though.

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Still in the 100's here sposed to BE IN THE 90's on tue..
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

GTA Ontario Canada
    Hey Travis how about a pic or two of those red leaves. Oh and the additional sheep.

Tellico Plains, Tennessee
    We've had Canada Geese all summer around my area... 'course in this area we have lots of 'halfbacks'... they move from the north to the deep south, then decide it's too hot down there and move back half way... puts them in east Tennessee??
    Tellico Plains, TN
    My parents taught me to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any.
    If you go looking for trouble, it will usually find you.

Mountain Home, Arkansas
    I've seen the geese and ducks on the march also.
    Our temps are mid-70s to low 80s. But WAY too much rain lately.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire