Compressor for Sale - Question about price

Dan Mosley

I saw a ad for this compressor for sale for $450 and have written back to the seller for model information - Anybody have one like this and can comment on if its a good unit and a good price???

Thanks Dan

Attachments

• Compressor (213 x 300).jpg
    Compressor (213 x 300).jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 43
Dan...

I don't have this one, but I have an Ingersoll Rand stationary compressor, model 2340L5. It's a two-stage 60-gallon vertical tank design. It was around $1k new. I like it a lot.

I found this:
http://www.machineking.com/ingersoll_rand_t30_air_compressor.html
It kinda looks like your photo, but you need the model number from the seller to verify. If it's a 2-stage T30 I'd definitely look into it. One question is how was it used. Mine gets light use. I have a friend up north who has a pallet business. His compressor drives nail guns all day every day. But IR is one of the better ones so if it hasn't been abused it's worth considering.

Cheers.

From the pic it does look like a 2-stage T30. That would make a great shop compressor, and $450 sounds pretty reasonable. Unlike a lot of the cheaper units, compressors in that class are made to be rebuildable. If any parts are worn and need replacement, you should be able to find them pretty easily.

i Spoke with the owner just a little bit ago on the phone and he said it was a 5hp, T-30, 60 gal, 2 stage, 220 volt, and it was used to blow off dust from parts in some type of optical cleaning buss he owns.
Thanks for the responses because it did help alot in making my decision to buy it. Cheapest i saw online in searching was 1k. The owner said if i came and got it today he would drop the price from 450 to 300.
So i bought it - its a big one and beats the heck out of my little pancake compressor.

Thanks to all ......Dan

Hope you covered that with a sheet on the drive home cause you STOLE it!!!! Way to go Dan. If you have only been using a pancake compressor, your tools won't know what hit them!:eek::rofl: You are going to love using that for the rest of your life!

I just found this pic of Dan in the archives...

burglar.gif

$450 was a good deal for a 5 hp T30. $300 is a great deal. :thumb: Glad to see you were able to snag it.

Now you can take the $150 you saved to put in a good piping system. ;) I appreciate mine every time I use air in the shop.

Thanks everybody - the advice on how good the compressor helped me to make up my mind because i really didnt know that much about them other than i wanted a good one.
Still in the truck for the night and in the morning the first thing im going to do is bolt it down on some 6x6 or some thick wood
Then with some copper fittings im going to lengthen out the drain plug because it sits so far back under it
Attach a multi tip connection or a y for multi tools use

Anyway ill post some tomm after i get it on a platform

Again thanks...............Dan

nice score dan!
do yourself a favor and search the forum for airlines and moisture traps before you place your new compressor into service.
i believe vaughn started thread, marty`s birth of a shop thread has even more information.
if you have questions after reading shoot away.

Dan, TP Tools is a good site for ideas, but I was able to find some of the things for my system on eBay for a lot less money than the retail sites I was looking it.

Wow Dan I am late here but that deal was a real steal. :rofl: Best of luck with the new compressor. I will envy you every time i continue to get by with my pancake. But then i dont have air tools apart from my nailers. :D:thumb: