Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What? Another Road Trip?

ABQ NM

What? Another Road Trip?

Well, I decided I can't let Rennie and Al have all the good times out traveling around, so I picked up a new rig last weekend for myself. I figure I'm not working, so I have all the time in the world. I'm planning to hit all 50 states, although admittedly Hawaii is going to be a challenge.

I'll start in a week or so and do the southern states while the weather is cooler, and should make my way up north to see the New York contingent around June, then on up to Travis' place in Maine by about July. (Looking at the map, the whole ride back to Southern California will be downhill, so that part should be easy.) I'm ready to start planning the route now and I'm open to suggestions.

Oh yeah, here's my new rig. It's not nearly as nice as Rennie's, but I'm not bringing the dog, so I don't need the extra room. Also, no real need to have the bicycle hung on the back like Rennie's:

Attachment 36951

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

Amherst, New Hampshire

You gotta go through New Hampshire to get to Maine so plan on a stop here as well
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Tokyo Japan
    I have to say, I'm a little hurt, if you are going to manage Hawaii, then Japan is not much further
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

GTA Ontario Canada

Can we place orders for one of those. I reckon FEMA will need a few thousand and ......if the economy dont get better soon a lot more of us will be living in those mobile home.

Vaughn.....get the pontoon version and it'll make Hawaii and Japan a little less of a challenge.

Thomasville, GA
    Heck, ah think ah done seen one 'o them there rigs last week when I got off'n the main road ratchere in GA!

Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member
    Member of Mensa
    Live every day like it's your last, but don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

Kansas City, Missouri

Perhaps you could save on gas and get the pop-up model.

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Central NY State
    I am appalled Vaughn, that you would post such a patently dangerous image. Where is the rider's bike helmet?

I'd like to see you pedal that with Ned, Mark and me in the back.

Central Illinois
    Good for the waist line

Bruce Shiverdecker - Retired Starving Artist ( No longer a Part timer at Woodcraft, Peoria, Il.)

"The great thing about turning is that all you have to do is remove what's not needed and you have something beautiful. Nature does the hard part!"

Toronto, Canada
    Hmmm ... wonder if they make one of those rigs for my ride (under restoration).

Attachment 36956