Looking for Nativity pattern

Mark Wingate

I am on our church group to create a Christmas float. We are looking to make life size (at least close to life size) scene of the Nativity. Anyone have any suggests on obtaining patterns to use? We have a huge budget of hundreds of pennies (free is the best) so money is no object:rofl::rofl:

Any suggest on any part of making the float or pieces for the Nativity at all would be most great full. (we have a 16 x 7 trailer)

Mark

Last edited:
Pic any christmas card that you like and enlarge it using the square grid technique.

Then cut the silohuetes out of expanded polystyrene or urethane insulation boards. They'll be light and waterproof.

You can build up a 3D feeling by making the robes and folds out of superimposed layers. You can even round/carve the shapes of the faces a bit and sand them.

Paint at will.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Tony for sharing the info and advise.

My problem is I am a round guy in a square grid technique world. :rofl:

Thanks again.

Mark

Sorry Mark but I do not get it:dunno:. I know it is a joke by the emoticon but I imagined that you knew the technique of enlarging any drawing by drawing a grid on it of i.e. 1/4 on an inch and making a grid with the same number of squares of i.e. 2" on a drawing paper and transfer the original to it and hence you get it enlarged.

If you have a projector for "opaques" you could just project the pattern on a paper put on a wall and trace the drawing on it.

Hey! do not get me wrong, I'm just asking and clarifying, I'm not offended at all!!! I know that sometimes I do not explain myself well:)

Toni, I understood what you was saying about the using the square grid technique. I was just hoping to be lazy and someone may have a pattern that all one had to do was trace out.

FYI: Most time I do not even get my own jokes.:D

Thanks

Mark