Im sorry Larry M. The devil made me do it.

I made various short legs, as the bed extension is yet to come in, and I dont have a grinder to sharpen anything yet, but making 4 legs that look similar is going to be one very difficult task, that much I see already.
I will say one thing about that other cheapo lathe I had. When I tightened the piece in, the headstock section would bend upwards, and Im not talking any real pressure. I believe the lower portion of the cheapo lathe gave in too much, and I dont think its that safe. There is not give in this lathe, nothing.
Its a bit difficult for me to change the belt over since the compartment is small and my hands dont cooperate all the time, but I got it done a few times. The variable motor is off the wall fantastic, at least for me.

Last edited:
best thing to do allen when making duplicates, is to make a master drawing of the leg, just one half of it, then make your measurements, and transfer to the part on the lathe.

really, no watch or ring?

I feel my ring will act like a bushing, if I scrape against it, I know Im too close.

If your skin gets caught on something spinning, you might lose some skin. If a ring gets caught on something, you might lose a finger. My dad's missing his left ring finger as the result of getting his high school class ring caught on something.