A little box I made and the customer

Don Baer

Staff member
I had a piece of 4/4 Sappelie laying around the shop and decided I practice my miter joint skills. I resawed the Sappelie and put together this little box. Box1.jpg

Box2.jpgWhen my grandaughter saw it she asked if she could have it.
The top is bookmatched but doesn't show up well in the picture.

Last edited:
We can tell she has you wrapped around her little finger like her Grandma did when you all were dating!!!:rofl::rofl: When she asked for that there box Gramps, bet'cha didn't even blink before saying, "why sure honey, it's yours!":thumb::thumb:
Of all the things you will make, that there box fifty years from now will be a treasure. Take a sharpie marker and put some info on it for her on the bottom to make it more special years from now, like a personal note from Gramps. You rock Don!!!!!!!!!:thumb::thumb:

Jonathan,
She's had me wraped around her little fingur since the day she was born. She's my shop buddy. There is no way I can tell her no. Heck I lost 65#'s cause I want to be around to attend her wedding. Her dad and mom, and her live with us while they are back in school getting their teaching degrees so I get to see here every day.

Great box Don and a beautiful granddaughter. I have the same relationship with one of my granddaughters, Abby. She is about 3 1/2 years old. She lived with us for almost 3 years and now she is over my house 4 or 5 days a week. She has her own stool at my workbench, her own hammer, screwdriver, gimlets and wood pile. She never leaves my side when she is here.