City car ?

For those who are taking or will take a road trip, they might consider getting one like this.

Attachments

• coach01.jpg
    coach01.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 52
  • coach02.jpg
    coach02.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 44
  • coach03.jpg
    coach03.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 39
  • coach04.jpg
    coach04.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 38
Man, talk about your bling. :eek: Homie was pimping rides long before MTV came around, amiright?

[Regular English translation for Toni]

Wow, what an ornate coach. :) The owners sure took pride in owning fancy transportation back in those days, didn't they?

[Spanish translation for Toni]

Increíble! :D

Where did you see that coach? Can you tell us some of the history behind it?

Man, talk about your bling. :eek: Homie was pimping rides long before MTV came around, amiright?

[Regular English translation for Toni]

Wow, what an ornate coach. :) The owners sure took pride in owning fancy transportation back in those days, didn't they?

[Spanish translation for Toni]

Increíble! :D

Where did you see that coach? Can you tell us some of the history behind it?

Thanks for the translations Vaughn, although I must say that the spanish one is rather compressed :rofl:

This coach belongs to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II of England, among a few others. I had the chance of seeing it two weeks ago when I went to London for a long weekend.
According to the explanations it is still used on special ocasions like the crowning of a new king, a royal wedding and so forth.

It weighs about 3,5 tons and has no brakes so the driver has to start refraining the horses about a mile before the planned stop.

What impressed me (of course ) were the carvings on it and the gilding work.

Last edited:
Yep, that being a rolling chassis, they would need the number of horses more for the braking power than the pulling power. Would assume they have four to six horses on it normally. English do their driving a little different than us (like the automobile also!) they sit on their horse's back, where we do the driving from the driver's seat on the equipment itself.