Thread: Thumbnails

Thumbnails

Ok gents:
    I'm normally a pretty web-savvy guy, but how do I post a THUMBNAIL image that links to a larger image?

i know about [img]sitelink[/img] and I recently tried [url[img]sitelink to thumbnail[/img]sitelink]

the thumbnail displayed fine, but clicking on the URL brought up a totally different site, and not the larger image. for whatever it is worth(less), I'm hosting photos on Photobucket. If I just use their supplied image links it works fine, and the result is a large image in the thread.

Any tips and hints would greatly benefit our dial-up visitors. I use broadband now, but used to reallllllly appreciate thumbnails when I was still in the stone age.

TIA

Ned
    -Ned

If you are using PhotoBucket, why not use their automatic IMG code generator? I've use PB for about 4 years, and use it all the time.

Are you looking to post an "attachment" using the Manage Attachment function below the reply window?

If you upload the image from your computer using "Manage Attachments" (srcoll down below message box - won't work for "Quick Reply")

Your image will be stocked on FW's server and a thumbnail will be automagically created. Yup, it uses disk space, but has the advantage of being permanent to this site.
    All the best,
    Ian G

**Now holding auditions for a catchy new signature**

Thanks guys,
    I will start using disk space here, though I still like photobucket as well.
    -Ned