I took the bait to create some debate as to the answer to the big IF.
Seems our dear friend and Ambassador the one and only Larry is nearing the edge of the dreaded spinny vortex. I spotted a huge IF in this post on Jonathans find of a Jet lathe deal.
Now he gave a way quiet a few clues that have me guessing he is on the edge.
1) He reads what the spinny guys post and say.
2) He admits to storing the info away for later use.
3) He even makes statements about particular machines by name and model number.
4) He has even assesed the tool budget and determined how long its going to take to save to be able to secure one of these.
5) This is a stretch (but somewhat indicative of a detective behavior) he is reading posts on lathes for sale.
6) He is stashing all that fine wood and finding out by sending blanks to all the spinny guys for comments, which wood is good to keep for turning and which is not.
Now would you say this is or is not indicative of a person getting reading for a plunge into the spinny vortex.
Being the polster i am yup you migt hate them but i think its time for another poll, what the heck we only had one yesterday.