forum really slow today

Frank Fusco

FW is tail dragging slow for me this a.m. Way too slow to mess with right now. :( Other forums and sites have been OK for me, just here.
I'll check in later to see how things are going.

This is something that is beyond my ability to fix, the guys at Bluehost (I spend 45 minutes on the phone) said the main reason our is slow is that we where chewing up CPU time and they had to throttle back our usage. They think it is something wrong in the MYSLQ database, something we will have to fix ourselves. I'm sure that Darren and Bill will get on it soon, it is all beyond me :eek:

Sorry for the trouble folks, but it will get fixed.

Stu

we where chewing up CPU time and they had to throttle back our usage. They think it is something wrong in the MYSLQ database, something we will have to fix ourselves.

Well that's somewhat refreshing. I had already run network tests between my gear at the university and the bluehost site in case they tried to fall back on that old favorite "its the network". Response times between hops and round trip time are well within acceptable limits for this type of service. I was just getting you some ammo in case they tried that. :)

I got here only a few minutes ago--thought it was a cable modem problem on my end. Apparently not, other sites working well. When it get fixed, it gets fixed--I won't complain. Thanks to those who volunteer to keep us going. It's often a thankless job.

I say we let Darren take the credit whether he did anything or not. He does enough that never gets noticed; he can surely cash in on this ;-)

Yeah, it had to have been Darren. I can guarantee it wasn't me, since I was away from my PC all day. (Plus, I don't have much of a clue about tweaking the database...that's what we pay Darren and Bill the big bucks for.) :D

Thanks for grabbing the ball in the first place Stu. I saw the slowness right as I was on my way out the door to do a show, so I couldn't have done anything with it all day.

The forum seems to be popping right along, but it looks like there is still the same issues on the CP server status :dunno:

Anyways, I say we double both Bill and Darren's current salary :thumb: :D