Thread: I need some design help please.........

I need some design help please.........

My youngest son has been in the Navy for 11 years. He currently is a 3rd year dental student on a Navy scholarship. A few weeks ago he took his dental board exams and came home to have his wife inform him she was pregnant with their first CHILDREN....that's not a mistake....they found out 3 days later they are expecting twins.

It's going to seem strange having 4 great-grandkids older than some of our grandkids!

I am looking for ideas for building cradles for the twins. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
    Ken
    ------

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Ken I had one in the shop for restoration a while back. I posted pics of it in this poast.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Thanks Don. Saw that.....nice job restoring it!
    Ken
    ------

go buy two nice new tools that come in nice cardboard boxes, that are big enough to hold the little rascals, paint the new boxes to match and put the tools in the shop. then yu can have the best of both worlds and not have something that they will grow out of in about 6 months, just settin around
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

larry`s on to something
    instead of making a double think about making two?
    or maybe an overly long single (twins could go head to head?)
    the likleyhood of more twins is kinda slim and a "family" cradle could be used by many.
    congratulations ken!
    [SIZE="1"] associated with several importers and manufacturers.[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by larry merlau View Post
    go buy two nice new tools that come in nice cardboard boxes, that are big enough to hold the little rascals, paint the new boxes to match and put the tools in the shop. then yu can have the best of both worlds and not have something that they will grow out of in about 6 months, just settin around
    There you go, Larry thinking outside the box again. What a great idea. Then when the kids get bigger you just need to get bigger tools for the bigger box's. Hmmmm my kids are 6ft. Do cars come in box's.

Congratulations Ken, Congratulations to the happy new parents.
    Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS...............

Ken, congratulations! I agree with Tod's idea--an extra-long single. Babies don't stay in cradles or bassinets very long anyway - my granddaughter lasted about 3 weeks - so after they go into cribs, they can use the cradle as a place to keep all of the stuffed animals they will be inundated with. I speak from experience!!!
    Nancy Laird
    dandnspecialties@msn.com
    FWW Registered Voter and Voting Member
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!!

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to his country for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' If you love your country, thank a vet.

i was kinda being serious ken.. i had cradle for my grandaughter here and she stops in once in awahile during the time she would have used it ..it never got used..now a small bed will be there for some timew the crib i think is a bteer name and the ashman made one that turned into a twin bed i belive after the younguns out grew the crib stage.. its posted her back aways.
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

I think Larry's comment regarding two separate cradles makes sense. Perhaps each of the twins would hand a cradle down to their own children one day.

Since your son is Navy, maybe you could build a pair of these.

Irony: The opposite of Wrinkly