I need some design help please.........

My youngest son has been in the Navy for 11 years. He currently is a 3rd year dental student on a Navy scholarship. A few weeks ago he took his dental board exams and came home to have his wife inform him she was pregnant with their first CHILDREN....that's not a mistake....they found out 3 days later they are expecting twins.

It's going to seem strange having 4 great-grandkids older than some of our grandkids!

I am looking for ideas for building cradles for the twins. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

go buy two nice new tools that come in nice cardboard boxes, that are big enough to hold the little rascals, paint the new boxes to match and put the tools in the shop. then yu can have the best of both worlds and not have something that they will grow out of in about 6 months, just settin around:):rofl:

larry`s on to something;)
instead of making a double think about making two?
or maybe an overly long single (twins could go head to head?)
the likleyhood of more twins is kinda slim and a "family" cradle could be used by many.
congratulations ken!

go buy two nice new tools that come in nice cardboard boxes, that are big enough to hold the little rascals, paint the new boxes to match and put the tools in the shop. then yu can have the best of both worlds and not have something that they will grow out of in about 6 months, just settin around:):rofl:

There you go, Larry thinking outside the box again. What a great idea. Then when the kids get bigger you just need to get bigger tools for the bigger box's. Hmmmm my kids are 6ft. Do cars come in box's. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Congratulations Ken, Congratulations to the happy new parents. :thumb::thumb:

Ken, congratulations! I agree with Tod's idea--an extra-long single. Babies don't stay in cradles or bassinets very long anyway - my granddaughter lasted about 3 weeks - so after they go into cribs, they can use the cradle as a place to keep all of the stuffed animals they will be inundated with. I speak from experience!!!

i was kinda being serious ken.. i had cradle for my grandaughter here and she stops in once in awahile during the time she would have used it ..it never got used..now a small bed will be there for some timew the crib i think is a bteer name and the ashman made one that turned into a twin bed i belive after the younguns out grew the crib stage.. its posted her back aways.

I think Larry's comment regarding two separate cradles makes sense. Perhaps each of the twins would hand a cradle down to their own children one day.

Since your son is Navy, maybe you could build a pair of these.