Hello from Tennessee's Upper Cumberland

Tim Browne

Greetings. :wave:
I'm a wannabe turner that's been trying to get into the vortex for almost 2 years. After 3 lower back surgeries that weren't as successful as expected I'm ready to restart again. The wife bought me a Rikon lathe and some tools to work with. I've taken 2 classes at the Nashville Woodcraft but, after months at a time in bed, I've forgotten most of it. At least I can have fun making "spun firewood".:eek:
I look forward to sharing what I do (don't look if you scare easily) and learning from your comments, and my mistakes.

Welcome aboard, Tim. :wave: I know a Tim Brown here in LA, but he obviously spells his last name incorrectly, and he's not nearly as handsome-looking as you. :p (I'll bet he can beat either of us in a game of pool, though.)

And sorry to hear of your back issues. I've got some of my own, so I can relate. ;)

Hi Tim. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the group. Jump in whenever you have a question. I learned right away that there are no dumb questions here.....at least thats what they told me :). I've learned alot in the few months I've been here. Welcome!

Tom

Hi Tim,
Welcome aboard... we need to get more Tennessee boys on this forum.
If you're ever out and about on the east side of the Plateau, I in the edge of the Cherokee National Forest... beautiful place... stop by and we can chat a spell.. If I can't dazzle you with brilliance, I'll certainly baffle you with B.S.