Cork stopper site

Jeff Bower

I saw this on another forum, but thought I'd share here as well. This site has stopper corks that are predrilled but not all the way thru like most. FREE SHIPPING too! I haven't ordered any yet, but plan to soon.

I recently ordered 20 cork stoppers from Treeline and they came super fast and I got emails confirming everything went well...that said, I think the ones that don't have dowels going all the way thru would look better. :dunno:

PS...I know everyone that has dealt with Ruth Niles highly reccomends her stainless stoppers over cork and other stainless stoppers....I just wanted to show another option for corked ones.

Jeff, I just made a few cork stoppers last night and I too wish that the hole did not go all the way through the cork. I had to touch up the end of each cork when done on my belt sander and thought that the sanded wood might leave an odor on/in the cork that could transfer to the wine.

I also purchased some stainless stoppers from Ruth Niles and I will say that they are so much nicer than cork. I plan to sell my stoppers so I'm making both a higher priced and lower priced stopper. I will let the consumer decide which they want.
My thoughts on this is this....the person who drinks wine and wants to buy one for themselves will want and buy the stainless steel stoppers ...... however ......the person buying a bottle stopper as a gift for someone else will buy the lower priced cork stopper.
Just my 2 cents worth.

Tom

I definitely like the stainless steel. We have three wine drinkers living here and four other wine drinking kids that visit often so we always have three or four bottles of wine open. All those bottles had plated stoppers that have pitted. Doesn’t look like something I want in my food. I just turned my first stopper today, but stuck Ruth Niles’ stoppers on the open wine bottles when I got them and they pop out clean as a whistle.

But I like the option of offering the customer a choice, but I wont use plated stoppers.

I showed the wife my first group of stoppers this morning (bad cell phone pic below) and she said, "Those look nice for gifts, but you should get the "good" ones to sell...she has seen Ruth's stoppers...I guess that gives me the go ahead to order some. :thumb:

Attachments

• p_00012.jpg
    p_00012.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 48
So my dad and I made an order with Ruth and WOW, her stoppers really are superior to any I've see in person before.

I'm going to finish 10 of them up tonight and will post a pic. Thanks for all who encouraged me to order them and to Ruth for making them available. :thumb:

Jeff I have been using Ruth's for a while now. You are right they are up town as my late granddad would say. I would still make a few cork stoppers for a low end. I have people want them for gifts but think $25 to $40 is to much but will buy the cork type.