Thread: confetti lamps

confetti lamps

I would like to make some confetti lamps. I was tring to find some lamps and did (for about $10.00 for 4), but then adding the shipping and handling it came to $21.00. Anyone know where to get better price than that?

You guys are doing a good job here, keep it up. Stu, I enjoied your website. Thanks

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    I have been looking for a good inexpensive source for refillable lamps and have coome out dry. In the mean time I use the disposable one, they cost between $1 and $1.5 depending ooon size and the only plavce where I have found then is at walmart.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

I seem to recal one fella I know saying he got his at Wally World. Not made for turners, but plain little clear oil burning lamps. However, I cannot confirm this.

WallyWorld, K-mart, Michaels Crafts, or just about any well stocked craft supply place in your locale should have them, check the candle section. Locally the 1 & 3 oz sizes are readily available, about $1 for the 1oz and $2.50 or so for the 3oz.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Don Baer View Post
    I have been looking for a good inexpensive source for refillable lamps and have coome out dry. In the mean time I use the disposable one, they cost between $1 and $1.5 depending ooon size and the only plavce where I have found then is at walmart.
    I have found refillable lamps online from Packard Woodworks and odered some. I've also heard that micheal's has the refillable.

I purchased one of the 4 for $10 packs a couple months ago. As I recall, I added a bunch of other stuff to my order so the shipping cost would be shared by multiple items.

I do need to got to Michael's to try buying them locally. There isn't a Wal-Mart within a reasonable drive from home or work for me, and the closest K-Mart is also out of my normal stomping grounds.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com