Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sept2008-sept2009

sept2008-sept2009

Ive been busy learning. These are just some of the things Ive built the past 12 months.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wood stuff 147 (Medium).jpg   wood stuff 129 (Medium).jpg   wood stuff 066 (Medium).jpg   wood stuff 950 (Medium).jpg   wood stuff 185 (Medium).jpg  

wood stuff 205 (Medium).jpg   wood stuff 290 (Medium).jpg   wood stuff 360 (Medium).jpg   wood stuff 423 (Medium).jpg   wood stuff 809 (Medium).jpg  

not following any order other than they were all built within the past 12 months.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wood stuff 900 (Medium).jpg   wood stuff 503 (Medium).jpg   wood stuff 989 (Medium).jpg   wood stuff 1007 (Medium).jpg   wood stuff 1010 (Medium).jpg  

wood stuff 1014 (Medium).jpg   wood stuff 1265 (Medium).jpg   wood stuff 1378 (Medium).jpg   wood stuff 1111 (Medium).jpg   wood stuff 1172 (Medium).jpg  

some more....and I made at least a dozen adirondack chairs, candle holders, built a new bench with mitre bench for shop, ripped out tons of shop cabinets, built lumber storage area. built rolling cabinet with drawers for shop, built lathe stand. Its been a good year for building.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wood stuff 360 (Medium).jpg   wood stuff 730 (Medium).jpg  
    Last edited by allen levine; 10-02-2009 at 04:47 AM.

So do you realize that you build more stuff in a month than many of us build in a year? Slow down, man. You're making us all look bad.

Seriously, that's an impressive portfolio of work. It's been fun watching you learn and seeing your skills improve along the way. You've come a long way, bud.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

busy bee... keep it up allen!
    benedictione omnes bene

www.burroviejowoodworking.com

check out my etsy store, buroviejowoodworking

If I get 1 project done every 6 weeks or so I think I've done well. Nicely done Allen.

My grandson would like me to make him a chess board care to share your plans?
    Those chairs are fantastic
    Faith, Hope & Charity

You're a machine, Allen, a machine.
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

WOW!

A project finished every six weeks? How many hours do you devote dayly to WW? and on weekends?
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

oh yeah, and one pen

toni, I calculated the amount of chairs and boards, candle holders, etc........vs. the 1000 days approx Ive been doing woodworking, counting each chair as an indivual item, I estimated I complete one project every 2-3 days overall average.(ofcourse, I build 6 candle holders in 3 hours, but I averaged it all)

Im semi retarded , ooooopss, I mean semi retired so I have alot of free time, my kids arent around much or need me for much, my wife works full time, and Im too ugly to have a girlfriend, so woodworking keeps me busy.
    Last edited by allen levine; 10-02-2009 at 08:15 PM.

Allen your missing the mahogany buffet that you built. It's hard to believe it's been a year cause I joined the forum this past March? and I seem to remember most of these projects.

I really enjoy watching the progress you've made and your fearless attitude about being willing to try to build anything and post it no matter how it comes out. Which by the way it always comes out excellent!

My hats off to you Allen. Keep it up!