sept2008-sept2009

allen levine

Ive been busy learning. These are just some of the things Ive built the past 12 months.

Attachments

• wood stuff 147 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 147 (Medium).jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 53
  • wood stuff 809 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 809 (Medium).jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 56
  • wood stuff 423 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 423 (Medium).jpg
    62 KB · Views: 55
  • wood stuff 360 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 360 (Medium).jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 54
  • wood stuff 290 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 290 (Medium).jpg
    62 KB · Views: 57
  • wood stuff 205 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 205 (Medium).jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 55
  • wood stuff 185 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 185 (Medium).jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 56
  • wood stuff 950 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 950 (Medium).jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 51
  • wood stuff 066 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 066 (Medium).jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 54
  • wood stuff 129 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 129 (Medium).jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 52
not following any order other than they were all built within the past 12 months.

Attachments

• wood stuff 1172 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 1172 (Medium).jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 42
  • wood stuff 1111 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 1111 (Medium).jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 42
  • wood stuff 1378 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 1378 (Medium).jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 44
  • wood stuff 1265 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 1265 (Medium).jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 44
  • wood stuff 1014 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 1014 (Medium).jpg
    59 KB · Views: 46
  • wood stuff 1010 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 1010 (Medium).jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 45
  • wood stuff 1007 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 1007 (Medium).jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 42
  • wood stuff 989 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 989 (Medium).jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 44
  • wood stuff 503 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 503 (Medium).jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 41
  • wood stuff 900 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 900 (Medium).jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 46
some more....and I made at least a dozen adirondack chairs, candle holders, built a new bench with mitre bench for shop, ripped out tons of shop cabinets, built lumber storage area. built rolling cabinet with drawers for shop, built lathe stand. Its been a good year for building.

Attachments

• wood stuff 360 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 360 (Medium).jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 30
  • wood stuff 730 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 730 (Medium).jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
So do you realize that you build more stuff in a month than many of us build in a year? Slow down, man. You're making us all look bad. :rofl:

Seriously, that's an impressive portfolio of work. It's been fun watching you learn and seeing your skills improve along the way. You've come a long way, bud.

:eek::eek::eek:

If I get 1 project done every 6 weeks or so I think I've done well. Nicely done Allen.

My grandson would like me to make him a chess board care to share your plans? :)
Those chairs are fantastic :thumb:

oh yeah, and one pen

toni, I calculated the amount of chairs and boards, candle holders, etc........vs. the 1000 days approx Ive been doing woodworking, counting each chair as an indivual item, I estimated I complete one project every 2-3 days overall average.(ofcourse, I build 6 candle holders in 3 hours, but I averaged it all)

Im semi retarded , ooooopss, I mean semi retired so I have alot of free time, my kids arent around much or need me for much, my wife works full time, and Im too ugly to have a girlfriend, so woodworking keeps me busy.

Last edited:
Allen your missing the mahogany buffet that you built. It's hard to believe it's been a year cause I joined the forum this past March? and I seem to remember most of these projects.

I really enjoy watching the progress you've made and your fearless attitude about being willing to try to build anything and post it no matter how it comes out. Which by the way it always comes out excellent! :thumb:

My hats off to you Allen. Keep it up!

I think my biggest accomplishment over the past year has been staying employed. Evenings and weekends away from the shop at the computer and drawing board. Doesn't make for pretty pictures, but it sure is nice to still have health insurance for the family.
Other than that, i made and installed some built-in cabinetry in the dining room, made a wall hung table for a gallery showing, and gazed longingly every time i walked through the shop without the time to move ahead with a handful of other projects.
Wierd year.
paulh

Allen I tip my cowboy hat to you Sir.:thumb::)

I was exhausted just reviewing all that work. Did you post them all? Cause i think i missed a few and have to go back and look them up. I dont recall the new garden furniture or the Rock Band Drum kit stand. What wood was the garden set. That came out real nice and i have something like that in mind for my deck.

Boy you put me to shame. You finished your Jewelry cabinets and mine is still cut lumber.:eek:

Alan you are truly an inspiration to me.:thumb: Thanks for the summary ok now get back to work.:D

Allen I tip my cowboy hat to you Sir.:thumb::)

I was exhausted just reviewing all that work. Did you post them all? Cause i think i missed a few and have to go back and look them up. I dont recall the new garden furniture or the Rock Band Drum kit stand. What wood was the garden set. That came out real nice and i have something like that in mind for my deck.

Boy you put me to shame. You finished your Jewelry cabinets and mine is still cut lumber.:eek:

Alan you are truly an inspiration to me.:thumb: Thanks for the summary ok now get back to work.:D

no more woodworking for a week or so, Im taking my honey up to the country for a week. Im gonna meet Rennie for lunch.
(the garden furniture is ipe, bought it from Advantage lumber up in Buffalo, good prices)