LOML did it again! .... Update

Alan Bienlein

Well fedex stopped by today while we were at the High school FFA show. What a wonderful wife to have bought this for me :eek: :D !10-02-09 003.JPG
I know what I'll be doing tonight :thumb: !

Last edited:
I think that has been her plan. Problem is finding time. Since I live nw of houston and work in Galveston it is almost 4 hours of commuting every day. I leave at 4:30 am and get home between 7:30 to 8:00 pm and work saturdays to.

Well I couldn't wait till tomorrow. Was the easiest modification I've ever done to this saw. It was as simple as unbolting the extention wing and bolting the slider on.

Here are some pics of it installed.
10-02-09 004.JPG

10-02-09 005.JPG

10-02-09 006.JPG

10-02-09 007.JPG

Nice very nice Alan. You are a lucky man. Very ouch on the commuting i dont know how you do it. I thought Larry got up early boy 4:30 why bother going to bed. :)

Now please help me as an inexperience woodworker out. What is the big benefit of a sliding table? I know you can take a piece and cut it and slide back and crosscut again but if one builds a crosscut mitre sled dont we get the same benefit?:dunno: or do i have the bull by the udders.:D

Nice very nice Alan. You are a lucky man. Very ouch on the commuting i dont know how you do it. I thought Larry got up early boy 4:30 why bother going to bed. :)

Now please help me as an inexperience woodworker out. What is the big benefit of a sliding table? I know you can take a piece and cut it and slide back and crosscut again but if one builds a crosscut mitre sled dont we get the same benefit?:dunno: or do i have the bull by the udders.:D

Yes you can get the same benefit. I've used one since the early 80's. What I like about this is that you don't have to worry about the extra thickness of the sled if it is only on one side of the blade. the other benefit is that I can crosscut up to 37" wide now and I don't need an extra long runner to do that. My current sled would do 30" but it could get iffy if you didn't pay attention to what your doing.

So yes you could do just fine with a sled but this is something I have wanted for years. I also like the fact I can set it up to cut angles also along with a fence that extends up to 48".

Some of it's hard to explain but if you have ever cut on a sliding table saw before I think it would be easier to understand.

I think you better forget about making that woman something and take her out and spoil her a bit.
Priorities, its all about the priorities.

like bill, I would be extremely interested in what you have to say about this piece of equipment, because Ive always been interested in having some type of sliding apparatus on my tablesaw(and you say its easy to install,I have the same tablesaw, and I like easy)