Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LOML did it again! .... Update

LOML did it again! .... Update

Well fedex stopped by today while we were at the High school FFA show. What a wonderful wife to have bought this for me !Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10-02-09 003.JPG 
Views:	91 
Size:	117.0 KB 
ID:	37484
    I know what I'll be doing tonight !
    Last edited by Alan Bienlein; 10-03-2009 at 01:26 AM.

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Nice gloat, now your gonna have to use that to build something for her..
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

I think that has been her plan. Problem is finding time. Since I live nw of houston and work in Galveston it is almost 4 hours of commuting every day. I leave at 4:30 am and get home between 7:30 to 8:00 pm and work saturdays to.

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Bienlein View Post
    I think that has been her plan. Problem is finding time. Since I live nw of houston and work in Galveston it is almost 4 hours of commuting every day. I leave at 4:30 am and get home between 7:30 to 8:00 pm and work saturdays to.
    Ouch..
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

I'm sure others have asked but, does she have a sister?
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    I'm sure others have asked but, does she have a sister?
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Ya, know I what you better be doing for her tonight (Yes, planing what you are going to build for her), Yes sir you got a good one there

LOML did it again! .... Update

Well I couldn't wait till tomorrow. Was the easiest modification I've ever done to this saw. It was as simple as unbolting the extention wing and bolting the slider on.

Here are some pics of it installed.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10-02-09 004.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	135.3 KB 
ID:	37485

Name:	10-02-09 005.JPG 
Size:	134.9 KB 
ID:	37486

Name:	10-02-09 006.JPG 
Size:	131.0 KB 
ID:	37487

Name:	10-02-09 007.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	131.1 KB 
ID:	37488

Nice very nice Alan. You are a lucky man. Very ouch on the commuting i dont know how you do it. I thought Larry got up early boy 4:30 why bother going to bed.

Now please help me as an inexperience woodworker out. What is the big benefit of a sliding table? I know you can take a piece and cut it and slide back and crosscut again but if one builds a crosscut mitre sled dont we get the same benefit? or do i have the bull by the udders.
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Keeble View Post
    Nice very nice Alan. You are a lucky man. Very ouch on the commuting i dont know how you do it. I thought Larry got up early boy 4:30 why bother going to bed.

Now please help me as an inexperience woodworker out. What is the big benefit of a sliding table? I know you can take a piece and cut it and slide back and crosscut again but if one builds a crosscut mitre sled dont we get the same benefit? or do i have the bull by the udders.
    Yes you can get the same benefit. I've used one since the early 80's. What I like about this is that you don't have to worry about the extra thickness of the sled if it is only on one side of the blade. the other benefit is that I can crosscut up to 37" wide now and I don't need an extra long runner to do that. My current sled would do 30" but it could get iffy if you didn't pay attention to what your doing.

So yes you could do just fine with a sled but this is something I have wanted for years. I also like the fact I can set it up to cut angles also along with a fence that extends up to 48".

Some of it's hard to explain but if you have ever cut on a sliding table saw before I think it would be easier to understand.