For my Dad (updated) with pics of the actual S,J tool system purchased

Bart Leetch

I picked up one of these for my Dad because he doesn't have room in his 10' x 12' gambrel roofed shed for his bigger equipment any more being he still wants to putter in a shop of sorts at the age of 87.

Attachments

• saw jointer combo.jpg
    saw jointer combo.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
theff!!!!:rofl::rofl::thumb::thumb: great deal on that bart and great shape too!!

now what yu gonna get next?

Well I got all the new parts rollers chains belts etc. put in the Belsaw planer months ago if I get it adjusted up I could take the portable planer down to Dad too not sure he would use it at all though, then because I have a 14" band-saw I could bring the 12" down to him & also his table top Duro drill press that I cleaned up & painted & installed a newer motor on & he would have a pretty complete shop again. I don't think Dad really wants to go that far but it is possible.

For my Dad

Bart,

I think that is just wonderful that you are doing that for your Dad. Sure wish my Dad was still around to do that, (but he'd be 112 now), don't think he could do all that much.

Hope your Dad gets to have a lot of great times working in his own shop, with some tools you have restored for him. I know I'd br proud if you were my son.

Aloha, Tony

Here are the pics of the actual Table-saw & Jointer I purchased for my Dad. I got the saw cleaned up & trunnions aligned & the 90 & 45 degree stops set & the table waxed & cut some scrap plywood on it it works great. Next I'll get going on the Jointer. It is real quiet when running.

Attachments

• SJ combo 1.jpg
    SJ combo 1.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 50
  • SJ combo 2.jpg
    SJ combo 2.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 46
  • SJ combo 3.jpg
    SJ combo 3.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 50
  • SJ combo 4.jpg
    SJ combo 4.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 46
  • SJ combo 5.jpg
    SJ combo 5.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
That's a cool rig, Bart. Good on you for finding it, and well done to your dad for still being interested in playing in the shop. :thumb:

Bart, since the belts run directly off of the motor off of each end, do both items run all the time? Or is there another tensioner somewhere to activate them individually? That is a neat setup, would be ideal in a small shop that is making and using pen blanks and stuff as an aid for a lathe.

Very cool tool Bart and you are a good man to put out the effort to get your dad something he can use in his small space.

Bart, that is sweet. I'm working on one just like that for my brother in-law.
I found a 1936 Delta catalog @owwm that had that model and a 1952 so that was a long lived combo. How does it run?

Roger it just hums nice & smooooooth. I need to free up the back table on the jointer it doesn't move & is missing the adjustment handle. I have adjusted the trunnions. I cleaned & waxed the top & will have to do the same for the jointer table & fence.

Ya know Bart that is such a sweet machine it has me wondering why they dont make em any more? Anyone know what the reason is apart from the economics of selling more machines in a separate config.