Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shop Dog

Mobile, AL

Shop Dog

We all enjoy showing off our shops as well as admiring shops of others, but what about the Shop Dogs. Those 4 legged creatures that like to spend the day with us in our shops, laying in a pile of sawdust, chewing on a piece of scrap wood. Lets see those Shop Dogs guys.

Here's mine, her name is Lacey and she'll stand by the door to my shop waiting for me to open the door. None of my tools seem to bother her, in fact she likes having the loose hair sucked off of her with the shop vac.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DCAO0041.JPG   DCAO0042.JPG   DCAO0045.JPG  

Amherst, New Hampshire
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	razz (450 x 600).jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	106.9 KB 
ID:	37528

Picture of my best buddy taken in better days.
    Razz is now 15 yrs. old. His kidneys are failing, he has lost over half his body weight in the past year. His legs and hips are going. He has trouble standing, is half deaf, and sleeps a lot.
    I have never in my life had a more loyal and dedicated friend.

He did't really like the shop noise but he would sit there and bear it. He used to jump up on my carpeted workbench and wait to be brushed. He hated the vac.

He can't make it down the basement stairs anymore so he lies at the top of the stairs and waits for me.

I'm sure some of you guys can understand the incredible bond that you can have with your dog.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Mobile, AL
    Beautiful dog Bob, and I understand completely.

North West Indiana
    Here are my two shop managers. Big Bandit on the right, two year old Bull Mastiff. Learning his manners, got him this spring when some friends split.

Name:	Managers of the jobsite.JPG 
Views:	119 
Size:	140.4 KB 
ID:	37538

Now the deer are in Lou Ann's garden because Lilly wants to sleep on a chunk of carpet in the shop at night. White boxer, transplanted from the city (she couldn't be turned loose) now she lives a loose life!!

Name:	Front done I.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	37539
    She is THE shop dog at my farm. Never had a more devoted, friendly, intense dog in my life. There is an old saying you get one good horse and one good dog in your life. I have been blessed with a couple great horses I raised, now Lilly. I swear she knows the english language! Scary sometimes. Look forward to seeing the other shop managers in the woodshop world.

Hope I am not stepping on someone's toes, their owner's surely have better pictures, but here is a shot of two "famous" dogs that belong to tourdewood's men. Met them the other night. Lokai is on a tourdewood, Webster had him over for a sleep over and was quite the congenial host. So kudos to those two, hope their owners post them.

Name:	Buddies.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	64.3 KB 
ID:	37540
    God and family, the rest is icing on the cake.

I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place.

Premier Bovine Scatologist

Constantine, MI
    Here's my guy. Not a real fan of the shop, but it seems he likes woodworkers just fine.

Name:	The Mascot looks on.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	55.2 KB 
ID:	37550
    “We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk

new york city burbs
    I know Ive said it before, but your dog rennie makes me think someone was playing with painters tape and spray paint one day.

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    This is Ellie,Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ellie.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	37552 my shop dog, Not a real fan of the noisey machine but a more likable dog you never met. She's a newzeland Cattle dog.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Oliver Springs, TN
    Here's a shot of one of mine she's a 2 year old lab. Her name is Apple. I'll have to get one of my other, he's a 3 year old boxer named Joe. They are both great dogs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dogs 004 (Medium).jpg  

RETIRED(!) in Austintown, Ohio
    Shana (see my avatar) is a two year old Standard Schnauzer. She spends a lot of time in the shop with me. She doesn't mind the machinery noises, except for the router. She leaves when I use that, but otherwise is content to sit in the big chair in the corner and keep watch.

BTW, she and Lokai became instant friends, and spent quite a wile exploring the back yard together.
    Jim D.

Al 5 of my shop dogs are rescues.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10-03-09 001.JPG 
Views:	91 
Size:	124.7 KB 
ID:	37557
    The brown one in the front was found at a grease recycling place by a friend of ours and had a broken rear leg. His name is Jake and was 7 wks old when we got him.
    Luke is the black dog with brown patches. Our dautghers math teacher found him and 2 others in a box in a drainage ditch. He was about 8 wks old when we got him.
    The black dog in the middle laying down is Chelsey and is Luke's sister. We took her in when the person who had her didn't want her anymore. Said she was food aggresive. Have not had a single problem with her at all.
    The black dog in the middle sittng is Destiny. Our neighbor also found her and dropped her off at our house to find a home for her. She kind of smelled like a skunk so we kept her.
    And finaly there is Sammy in the back. He was about 1 yr old when my wife took him from the nieghbor cause they kept him chained up in the backyard behind a shed in a mud puddle and would never do anything with him.

These dogs love to be in the shop with the tools running and tend to fall asleep right where I would need to stand or walk.