Cutting 4x8 sheets

Ron Roase

Haveing a small shop I can not handle 4x8 sheets of plywood on my table saw. I made a frame of 1x2s and support it on three saw horses. It is screwed down with 2 screws counter sunk to each sawhorse. It makes a nice set up table when not being used for a cutting table. Cutting & setup table.JPG
I use a track set up for my cicular saw and have a vacume hose to keep the dust down.Track for sawing sheet goods.JPG
I use setup blocks to aline the cut. It may not be as good as Festool but much more easy on the billfold. It is very acurate as long as you measure corectly.:D:thumb:

Ron,

That red line cutting guide is very cool! I built a router sled for mine so I could cut dadoes, too. I've built many a cabinet straight and true with that guide!

I use 2" pink foam insulation underneath the ply... works great.

Thanks,

Bill

Ron, that looks like it works great. Thanks for sharing that. I also use the foam panels but this means I grovel on the floor ;).

I use 2" pink foam insulation underneath the ply... works great.

Yep, the foam insulation works great, but I went with blue. Paid a little more, but worth it!:)

The stuff I use is white so between the two Bills and I, we are very near patriotic in color scheme :D

Bob, I got mine from Eagle America. I bought 3 of the 50" ones So I have the long one for ripping the long way on a sheet and the other for cutting across the sheet. Saves a lot of time when switching back and forth. I picked up a thin kurf Diablo blade at one of the woodworking shows that works great with very little fuzz one either side of the cut.;)

I was given the shorter cutting guide as a gift from my son last year for Christmas. I never bought the Power Tool Glide and now it doesn't seem to be available. Anyone know where I might get one?

Otherwise, I may try to fabricate a suitable substitute that will work with this cutting guide...I really like it. I will probably buy the extension so I can cut the entire length of the plywood sheet.

Thanks,

Frank

I bought something very similar to this many years ago and stopped using it because there was flex in the 8' setup that threw off the whole purpose I bought it for and that was to keep a true edge on the cut offs. Works great for 4' cuts. Pat

I spent more an went with EZ Smart. The line of the track being the kerf line came in handy today as I was ripping some rough lumber before milling it.

I have the 114" EZ system, and use it fro both breaking down plywood, and also for getting that first edge on rough-cut lumber.

Pricey, but it's a good system, with no flex.