Bookcase-cabinet

Ron Roase

I started this project about 1 week ago and have had a lot of isuses finishing it,because of it's size. The upper section is 65" high x 7' and is 12" deep.
The lower section is 30.5" high x 7' and is 20" deep with 4 doors and shelf centered, but adjustable. As are all shelves inthe upper section also adjustable
Upper cab with shelves.JPG
The problem I have is getting a pivture of the two sections put together as my ceiling is not high enough to alow that.
Lower cab with doors.JPG
I have sent the customer pictures of the componants and she seemed very pleased with it so far.
DSCF0977lower cab with open doors.JPG
She wants it painted to match her wall color, First time that they did'nt want it stained.:huh: But they also don't want to see any brush marks,so I guess it will have to be sprayed. I'm hoping that this unit will fit in the elevater in her condo.....other wise it will be a lot og gruntting to the 3rd floor.:D

Great looking piece Ron, Beautiful craftsmanship. :thumb::thumb:

If i'm not mistaken, I can't be sure from the pictures. The panels appear to be MDF ? If they are how else would it be finished? I'm not being critical just thought that I could learn another technique from you guys.

Great looking piece Ron, Beautiful craftsmanship. :thumb::thumb:

If i'm not mistaken, I can't be sure from the pictures. The panels appear to be MDF ? If they are how else would it be finished? I'm not being critical just thought that I could learn another technique from you guys.

Bob: I made the panels out of masonite. As I knew she wanted the project painted. The Cost was only about $10.00 per sheet (4x8) and 2 -1/2 sheets was needed fore the backs and door panels. Although MDF would not have been a bad choice either. Except for the extra weight.