Suggestions needed.

I have the possibility of spending 500€ (about 700$) due to an unexpected source of money.

Now, as usual I'm left with the dilemma of buying what I need or what I want.:(

I'm thinking about getting a DC that I need badly that would cost me 305€ and I would have 195€ left.

Spending it on wood is difficult as it is a payment in spices not cash.

Could anyone suggest me anything? A router lift is something I also have in mind but I need to find out if my router would fit in it.

Dust collector. It's a health thing! :thumb:

It's been a while since having any "unexpected" funds, but when it comes along I tend to get something I want, then buy things I need with "regular" money. ;)

Hey Toni,
Congratulations on the windfall... with my little bout with the hernia this weekend, I don't expect any amount of "unexpected" funds in the near future.

But I would also vote for the DC.... I think it's a must with a Lathe and woodworking.
If you can find one, a small starter lathe might be a good investment for the rest.

For those who are sugesting me to get a lathe,I appreciate the sugestion but I'm sorry to say that I will resist that temptation for the moment.

The DC is the most problable decision I'll take and with the rest... :dunno:

i presented your problem to my wife for a solution toni, and she agreed with me, to get the dust collector (she says you should maintain a tidy shop), and if you have problems deciding what to do with the rest, you can send it to her... :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

a nice infill doesn`t require dust collection;)

given the carving/sculpting you have been doing i`d suggest looking into a quality die-grinder and an assortment of bits for roughing out your projects.

(if you decide to get one holler before spending a dime, i`ve got a little bit of experience that could save you time/money)