30 years, thoughts and prayers

Steve Ash

30 years ago today I was lucky enough to marry the girl of my dreams. She has always been there for me, whether it was bringing food out to the fields at dinner time, cleaning out hog pens, feeding watering our animals, assisiting me in birthing of cattle and hogs.....leaving the family farm to start my own business in the residential construction business, and dabble in a bit of woodworking...this beautiful city girl was right there with me. I'd like to think she'd say the same about me.

Tomorrow Judy has a back operation scheduled and although the success rate is good they have prepared us (if that is possible) that there is a 25% chance of paralysis. I hope that number is an exaggeration, but has been in the back of my mind all the time.

They will be (forgive me if I don't have this exactly correct) removing a disc, re aligning a vertabrae, inserting a disc, fusing together several (3 ? ) vertabrae, and using a couple of screws in there somewhere. She willl be in the hospital for 4 days, then home for 4-6 weeks re couperation while being in some sort of a brace for this time.

On top of all that, she got a call yesterday (2 days before surgery) from the neurosurgeons office that we are going to have to come up with a good sized chunk (at least to me it is) of money ourselves since our provider won't cover it all.

So......if you believe.....I'd like to ask for some prayers for Judy and that it all comes out alright, if you aren't a believer, your thoughts are welcomed as well.

Done Steve and Judy:thumb: Trust the docs Steve, they are good these days:thumb: I have a few family members that have had similar surgeries.....All successful:thumb:

Ditto.

Hang in there Steve, anything that can be paid with money is not really important.
Things that money can't buy are.

I really wish everything goes well and that she'll have a speedy recovery.

My thoughts and prayers going out for Judy and you Steve.

And Happy Anniversary you two! It sounds like it might last!

Last edited:
Steve,
I just got out of the hospital myself with what is now minor surgery compaired to your wife's .... I'll certainly keep her in my thoughts, you keep a positive attitude.. remember, you can bring disaster to yourself if you dwell on it. I'm sure she will be fine.

Steve,

I pray that Judy will be restored to perfect health. I give thanks for the hands of the medical profession that make this possible. "Daughter, your faith has made you well. - Luke 8:40-56 and Mark 5: 21-34"

The blessings of God upon you and yours.

Paul

Hi Steve, All the best on the operation you will both be in my thoughts and prayers. Congratulations on the 30years. You have a special person there to look after.:thumb: Heres wishing for a quick safe recovery and a succesful operation.

Hey check on your health insurance yourself just as a precaution. I am always on the paranoid side when it comes to any kind of insurance companies. They will take your money in a flash but get very slow and resistant when its time to pay. In our house we dont talk the subject since my wife (yup shes not LOML when she is insurance mode) works for the Brother hood of insurance workers. :rofl: Amazing how their rule book is full of print that is as small as a microdot. :D