30 years, thoughts and prayers

Ashman,

Congratulations on 30 great years, and many more.

Good thoughts coming your way from the islands for Judy's successful surgery and recovery.

Aloha, Tony

Congrats on the milestone, and all my best headed Judy's way from down here in SoCal.

If it's any reassurance, a few years back I had a similar surgery (shattered vertebra removed and replaced with cadaver bone and wire mesh, three vertebrae fused, and some mean-looking hardware thrown in to impress my friends). Other than having to set aside my dreams of becoming a professional limbo dancer and trapeze artist, I've done fine with the modifications. I'm sure Judy will, too. :thumb:

Judy update

Thanks everyone, the thoughts and prayers do work.

What was supposed to be 2 incisions and 4 screws turned out to be less.

The doctor made one incision, he determined that screws would not be needed on the opposite side of the spine, so she received one incison approx 8-9 inches long, removed disc and replaced with a filler, put some sort of clamp in and 2 screws. Then closed up with 30 staples.

She was a wreck right up until the drugs kicked in this morning, then when she woke up and was coherent she said as long as she could breath and her toes wiggled she was happy.

They got her in her brace and sat her upright so she could eat supper. She must have drank 6 glasses of water. She had a couple of comments in her "loopy" state that I am gonna have fun with when she is ready for some humor. It is amazing what drugs will make you say......:rofl:

I want to thank you all for the thoughts, prayers and PM's on her behalf.....it was extremely appreciated. :thumb:

They got her in her brace and sat her upright so she could eat supper. She must have drank 6 glasses of water. She had a couple of comments in her "loopy" state that I am gonna have fun with when she is ready for some humor. It is amazing what drugs will make you say......:rofl:

Excellent news Steve. Be sure and let Judy know we're thinking of her and hope the recovery goes as good as the surgery.

Now, I can hardly wait to hear what was said in her "LOOPY" state. :D:D

Karl

Less can be more Steve:thumb: So glad things are well:thumb: Best wishes to Judy for a fast recovery:) OH looking forward to the "loopy talking" also:rofl::rofl::rofl: Joy say's best wishes also:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Steve - thoughts and prayers sent your way! My Dad had that same procedure done - even had to wear a brace for about 6 months - then got back to living life pain free! Its a challenge right now but it will be worth it!