30 years, thoughts and prayers

Glad to hear the good news, Steve. The fact that they had her braced and upright so soon after surgery is a good thing. :thumb:

...Glad the toes wiggled. That is a great sign after the surgery.

Roger that.
yes.gif

Great news. Left you a message last night, hadn't read the forum. Sorry. Glad to hear she is upright, toes wiggled, and was eating. Carrying you for the past 30 years wasn't good on her back, guess the next 30 makes it your turn!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl: Hi Judy!!! Speedy recovery wishes sent your way!!!:thumb::thumb:

Outstanding news Steve... I understand about the "loopy" sensation... when I had my surgery last Monday, they gutted me like a fish, cut a section of the small intestine out and reconnected that, then stapled me shut with about 18 staples.... Monday night as I was coming out from under the anesthesia, they handed me a little push button thingy attached to one of the IV poles and said I could push the button every 6-7 minutes and get some pain relief..... I had a tube down my nose which was a lot more painful than the incision (until I started to sit up)... I only did the button every couple of hours, but I had some strange and weird dreams the first couple of nights.... after that I was kinda used to them and could ignore them some, but whatever that stuff was gave me some gremlins I don't want anymore.

My daughter, whose about 44 now and is a cycling nut, got knocked off her bike by a car about 9 or10 years ago and cracked three vertebrae in her lower back... she was in intense pain for months before they finally decided the needed to fuse the vertebrae and put a cage around them. I went out to CA for her surgery and was there when she woke up. Kathleen's back won't let her do the swim turns she used to do in her ironwoman marathons, but she can still jump on her bike and knock off a 50 or 60 mile ride without thinking about it It's amazing what doctors can do now.... 50-60 years people with back injuries were almost certainly doomed to a life of pain.

Give Judy our love and tell her we are pulling for her.

Update:

I got up to her hospital room around 10:30 and she was in pain. They gave her meds and by 2:00 her pain had subsided and she was able to eat and drink.

They put her back brace on and with a little help from me (walk beside her) she was able to walk a pretty fair distance then back to the room, and back in bed.

Son Steve Jr, his wife and kids came up for a visit, after grandson Aiden (23 months) had enough sitting in the room I took him for a walk so Judy could visit .....walking around with Aiden is a trip, my little grandson got hit on about 3 times.....takes after his grandpa. :rofl:

Then my other son Chris and his girlfriend came up for a visit. I think the visitors made her day.

She doesn't much care for the food there, but she does eat and drink lots of water.

well she is doing ok, but had a rough one today,, those that have had major surgery understand the hurt starts after a day or so.. but she is a tough lady and will get better. we are still thinkun of yu judy:thumb::thumb:

Judy took a bad turn yesterday. She was in pain, nauseous and vomiting. They managed to get her pain in check which made the nauseous go away. Through all that she was very tired and when the meds kicked in she then slept most of the time I was there.

Today was a repeat without the vomiting. In the mid afternoon she was feeling better and we had a walk around the corridors for a bit. She looked lots better this afternoon. She will finally be able to shower tomorrow and with any luck come home tomorrow night. Her mom flies in late tomorrow night to spend 2 weeks taking care of her.

House is lonely without her.

Sorry to hear about the bad turn, Steve, but it does sound like she's turning toward the better again.

Hopefully, you'll get her home tomorrow, and her condition will improve steadily from there.

Best wishes!

just got off the phone with her and she is doing much better even got her to laugh a littel:) said she hopes to get home like steve mentioned.. but she was in good spirts and thats a great start towards recovery.. hang tuff boss she will be there soon..and your brother in law will be alot of help too:rofl: