Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Facilities" in the shop?

Question "Facilities" in the shop?

I am building a shop - a big shop, and plan to have a sink, toilet and shower installed.

Any suggestions on the best placement of the room? I am thinking a back corner to be out of the way, but maybe back center, or beside the back door?

Floor will be concrete, so once it's poured, the room is set.

Would you move yours if you had to do it over?

make sure you have running water near your chemicals and also near your coffee pot.
    welcome to f.w.w.!
    [SIZE="1"] associated with several importers and manufacturers.[/SIZE]

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Rick,
    Welcome to the family. I don't have one in the shop. I just go out the back door and around the side..
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Note to self, don't go out back door and around to side of Don's shop! If I do go there and need to go, go out back door only!!
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Hmm, note to self not go out back door of Jonathan's shop.

Probably no preference for location. I guess I'd take into consideration of keeping a shop sink and such in the same general location to have less plumbing to run.

Welcome to the family!
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Will the shop be close to other outdoor activities, like a deck/patio, swing set/playground stuff, etc...if so put it close to the door so you don't have to walk all the way through the shop to use the facilities.

Also, Welcome to the Family Rick.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

welcome to our family here, and as for the location,, it would be good to have it near your finish room possibly for clean up if yu use water base products.. but yu want it accessable to you and your visitors, without interfering with your work.
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

I'm sorry Rick, welcome to the family!!!! I don't have running water in my shop, but like Darren and Tod alluded to, would try to have shop sink and water for coffee pot on one side of the wall, facilities on other side, then less cost for plumbing. So no specific place in the shop, just figure to cut costs and situate them somewhat together!!

Oh, Darren, don't have a back door on my shop!!!
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

This was discussed at one time in an old thread. A search might find you somemore answers.
    I was going to put a urinal in my shop until my wife objected with numerous "yuk" comments. No logic, but no arguing either.
    BTW, welcome to the family.
    Tell us more about yourself. I like the picture, are you a reenactor?
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Welcome to the family Rick.

I have a toilet, a sink and a shower in my shop, not because I wanted but because the former owner had it set up as a bar/lounge room next to a pool he was going to build.

He never did and now the lounge is my shop, I demolished the mansonry bar he made and never finished, to have more space, but I kept the toilet and the rest.

If I had to do it from scratch I don't think I'll put a shower though.
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...