"Facilities" in the shop?

Rick, your living the life my wife an I hope to see in our future! I hope you will document your shop build, then the house build too...:thumb:

Welcome to the Family Rick. I think your wife has the right idea about a shower in the shop. Given you have the space and are starting from scratch go for it all. I second Rennies eye wash station.

On location I would think of using the washroom facilities as a buffer to the dust collection/compressor room. So place it between them and you. Small point but could help on the sound dampening.

Welcome to the Family Rick. I think your wife has the right idea about a shower in the shop. Given you have the space and are starting from scratch go for it all. I second Rennies eye wash station.

On location I would think of using the washroom facilities as a buffer to the dust collection/compressor room. So place it between them and you. Small point but could help on the sound dampening.

Hi Rick,
Understand your reasoning's and see no problem with them.
I will second Rob's comment on the DC.... mine is a 2 hp thing from HF that wasn't all that noisy, but then I put it outside the shop in a separate closet built onto the end of the shop... almost looks like an outhouse.
Recently I was cleaning it and took the front cover off the impeller fan... after cleaning, I kicked the motor on to make sure it was clear... the corner of the impeller cover was laying closer to the fan than I thought and I think I have bent a blade or two on the impeller... it's much noisier now even with the outside wall between me and the DC. You'll appreciate the muffling down to a low hum if you can use the bathroom as a buffer.

I have purchased the Clear Vue Cyclone 1800 for DC. I will be building an enclosure for it - and using the bathroom as buffer could be a possibility. If i leave them on the back wall, there might not be much buffer, so maybe I could move the bathroom out and put the DC behind.... :huh: Will check into it.

Still have a week or two to decide.

Hi Rick,

I too am building a workshop, although not a large as yours:(

I started to catch a lot of comments about not putting in my full bath and wasting floor space. But I too work late and will be in the office part of the shop around 4 a.m. every morning and use the shower in the shop before leaving for the office. It just makes sense to me to do it and not disturb the wife everymorning.

You have plenty of space so I would not let that bother me. Go ahead and build it.

Regards,

Rick:

If you put a 6" blast gate in the bathroom, you will have an X00 CFM fart fan in the bathroom. That'll freshn it up quickly. Your golden as long as you don't recirculate from the dust collector back to the shop. . .

I CAN'T be the only one here that though of this . . . :rofl:

I'm green with envy on your shop build.

Cheers

Jim