Hey, y'all back at ya!

Tom Hempleman

Thanks for the welcome. Steve Ash gave me a heads-up about this site. I've been a graphic artist for several years, and ran a corporate graphics operation that produced printed items, screen presentations, and various other promotional and award "stuff". Before that, I was a computer "techie" and data systems manager. A few years ago, I got interested in woodworking to help preserve what little sanity I had left. My brain was already starting to turn to sawdust. My background in computer graphics and woodworking led me to laser engraving and cutting (wow - light saber saws and chisels). I traded in my gray flannel suit for blue jeans and started my own laser shop a couple of years ago after getting tired of working for other people. Now instead of arguing with executives, I argue with myself (and usually lose).

I'm an amateur woodworker. What I know could be stored in a thimble with room left over. So I'm here mostly to learn more about it.

Tom
www.wildwoodhill.com

Welcome aboard, Tom. Sounds like with your background you were destined to end up doing laser work. We;ve got a few other laserators around here...you probably already know them. ;)

Glad to see you here - :wave: