Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another New Guy Saying Hello

Another New Guy Saying Hello

Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum but not to woodworking. I've been working with wood for over 30 years (and am still learning). My garage is my workshop and most of the projects I work on these days are small. Over this past year, I have made my grand daughter a twin size raised panel bed, turned numerous pens, turned a couple of salt and pepper shakers, turned some bowls, built a couple of small tables, made some dollhouse furniture, built a very nice shelf clock, and yesterday nailed two new replacement boards on my fence Planned projects are a bookcase for another grand daughter, a headboard for one of my sons, and making more clocks (clocks are my favorite). Everything I do is for friends and family, and I don't work for money. It's a hobby and I want it to stay that way. I'm married (41 years) and have 4 grown sons and 7 grandkids. If you need or want more info, just ask.....Jim

Hey just asking for more We say here no pics, didn't happen Welcome Jim and looking forward to your work and advise

Indianola, Ia about 12 miles south of Des Moines
    Welcome aboard. It sounds like you have been busy and will comtinue to be busy.

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Welcome...
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

welcome Jim!
    -Ned

Welcome to the family Jim!
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Welcome to the Family Jim!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Hello Jim. Glad to have you.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

bethel springs TN, but was born and raised in north east PA
    welcome

hi jim!
    [SIZE="1"] associated with several importers and manufacturers.[/SIZE]