I finished up one hollow form today which i started the day before. The wood was a pc of walnut someone had given me (see pic #1 below). I had a couple problems with the vessel though.
First, was as i was rough turning it i noticed a couple of very long cracks in it. I decided to go ahead and make a vessel out of it anyway because it was good and dry. When i was done i just enhanced the cracks and made more then filled them with black dust. It was about the only thing i could think of to do with it.
Second issue was that without thinking about it, I didnt leave enough stock sticking out to create a narrowing bottom like i would have wanted to. Instead i had roughed it down to the chuck jaws......ahhhhhhhh well learning curve time.......In the end im not very happy with this one in Pic 1 but i finished it out as a learning experience.......
Picture 2&3 - Ran out of time but left it chucked up and this time i remembered to leave enough to be able to create the bottom the way i want. This one has no cracks in it but does have some interesting inclusions. Again, this is a dry pc of some kind of wood that i was given so ill be able to finish it right off when i get the hollowing completed - for now because i was running out of time I left it in a rough state.