79 out of 4221

Well, I hope the Mods and other Admins forgive me, but I guess it's time to show the rest of the members what it's really like behind the scenes here at Family Woodworking.

First off, any Internet forum is only as good as the servers it's running on. Here's our server farm, which is in an undisclosed location for security purposes:

SAGE_computer_room.jpg

Here is our team of professional programmers and database experts hard at work, keeping things running smoothly:

monkey_computer11.jpg

Now a few people have mentioned that being a Moderator is hard work. Indeed, it is, but there are a few perks. We have the Moderator's Lounge:

patron-lounge.gif

And the Recreation Room. (That's Jeff Bower jammin' to some Led Zepplin in Guitar Hero):

rec-room-returns.jpg

Of course, the pool area:

233652%5CPool%20Area.jpg

Who can forget the Beverage Bar:

05_main-bar-05-800.jpg

Since we need to be able to get to meetings in a timely manner, we all get Forum trucks for our personal use:

truckfleet.jpg

Of course, we all have individual private offices. I'll just show a few to give you an idea of what they're like. Here's Bill Lantry's:

gallery.jpg

And Frank Fusco's:

JudgeRoyBean-500.jpg

And of course, the Ambassador Suite for Larry:

MO-1018-Ozark%20Livin%27%20Hillbilly.jpg

Now the Moderating does have some work involved, but we try to carry out that work with respect for the powers entrusted to us by the members. Here are a few of the Mods, debating the finer points of religion and politics:

FreeSpeech.jpg

And here's the results of one of the more lively debates in the past:

pillow%20fight.jpg

Of course, hard feelings don't last too long, and before you know it, we're all one big happy family again:

doesrunning.jpg

So there ya have it...the REAL truth behind the scenes at Family Woodworking. It's a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it. :wave:

I kinda feel Ive burdened the guys I voted for moderator. They dont get paid, they have to watch everything posted here, and sometimes, have to act like a kindergarten teacher when tempers flare a bit.
I dont envy any moderator, on any website. Its work.

Fortunately, Allen, being a Mod here is a fairly easy job. The vast majority of the folks here are courteous, well-behaved, and adhere to the CofC, so the Mods can just pretty much casually 'stand by.'

I can't recall there being an improper or reported message within the past couple months, nor have there been any sort of confrontations.

Granted, when an infraction happens, the Mods - and often the Membership - leaps upon it to correct it ASAP.

Interestingly, ans as will happen with human nature, the Mods often disagree among themselves as to what makes an actual infraction, but it's always been discussed, and consensus reached, without there being any hard feelings.

It's really not a bad job. Think I'd be running for a third term if it was? :D:D

Interestingly, ans as will happen with human nature, the Mods often disagree among themselves as to what makes an actual infraction, but it's always been discussed, and consensus reached, without there being any hard feelings.
:D:D

checks-n-balances........with a liberal dose of common sence thrown in.
kinda hard to go wrong eh?

Being a brand new member, I would not be voting - but I could register if I knew how. I saw the directions about joining the Group Memberships, but I don't see it anywhere on my User CP ? I see attachments shown instead of Group Memberships. (Ah ha!,:eek: now I know where to find my attachments!)

Maybe I have to work my way up from New Member to Regular Member...:dunno:

Being a brand new member, I would not be voting - but I could register if I knew how. I saw the directions about joining the Group Memberships, but I don't see it anywhere on my User CP ? I see attachments shown instead of Group Memberships. (Ah ha!,:eek: now I know where to find my attachments!)

rick i think yu will have to wait till the vote is done today,, then yu can register, and there isnt any probation here yu drop in sign up and yur one of us:) no other regs .. just do your best to go along with COC that we the mebers here have voted on to make this forum work as the majority wants.:thumb:

Yup, I'll PM my address to ship the lumber to and get you upgraded right away. :D

No, pretty much everyone is on the same level here (member accounts that is). You'll be able to register after the current vote is over. As part of the rules here, it is locked during elections.

Also, in case anyone is wondering, the only thing that makes a "New Member" different from a "Member" is about 30 days. :) Every week or two, I check the registration list, and any New Members who've been here for a month or more get their user title changed to "Member".

Now I really feel slighted!

Vaughn how could you even think of such a crazy idea...all those well thought out pictures and you put GOATS on there. Sheep my friend, sheep!

I vote here (ofcourse I must be reminded) for the same reason I wouldnt hesitate to send in a donation here. I enjoy this site, and I want to see it keep going. If Im asked to vote, to elect someone to watch over everything, Ill vote. I believe anyone who looks at this site, and Im talking anyone, should really take the few minutes to register for the next vote.
Alot of guys donate their time and effort to keep things running smooth, showing a drop of support for them is the proper way to go.
I didnt want my Im here for woodworking only to be misunderstood.