Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm bored today

I'm bored today

Wife had foot surgery yesterday and I am at home helping her with little things. She is getting around so I don't have much to do. Can't go in shop and spin because we have been having a lot, and I do mean "a lot" of thunderstorms lately. I won't turn on the power to the lathe because I'm told power surges or lightening strikes could blow out the electronics and I sure don't want that. So, basically, I'm sitting here posting pointless messages and checking Facebook and the weather radar.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

To heck with hurting the lathe but have the computer on!!!!ZAP!!!! Get a JET MINI and use it on days like today!
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Me too...I had meetings scheduled all day today and they all got canceled. So now I have a full day of trying to start some projects here at work that were scheduled for next week...plus I know I will be in the shop as soon as I get home tonight....maybe I should just go now?
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bower View Post
    ....maybe I should just go now?
    A motion to adjourn is always in order, I'll second that motion.
    Jesus was a Woodworker

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Shively View Post
    To heck with hurting the lathe but have the computer on!!!!ZAP!!!! Get a JET MINI and use it on days like today!
    I have an UPS battery thingy for the 'puter. Dunno wat a 220V protecter would cost.

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

I don't know if you design your turned pieces before making them, but these times are the best ones to explore new shapes, and a pencil is faster drawing than turning, and completely noiseless and unplugged
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

Computer should be fine Frank, especially since it's on a UPS. The UPS will condition the power to the computer to prevent surges.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Wright View Post
    Computer should be fine Frank, especially since it's on a UPS. The UPS will condition the power to the computer to prevent surges.
    Yep, I'm a believer in the UPS protection. Living in a 'sorta' rural area our electric service is full of surprises. Lotsa surges and many brief outages. The UPS is necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Toni Ciuraneta View Post
    I don't know if you design your turned pieces before making them, but these times are the best ones to explore new shapes, and a pencil is faster drawing than turning, and completely noiseless and unplugged
    I can't speak for Frank, but "design" and "turned pieces" aren't usually seen in the same sentence around my shop. Heck, oftentimes I don't know what a blank will look like until I'm almost done with it.

Here, Frank...this will help you kill a bit of time:

http://www.ibogleif.dk/spil/flashspi...f/minigolf.swf

You can see if you can beat my high score:

http://familywoodworking.org/forums/...ad.php?t=10219
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

you think you're bored after a couple of days frank, try about 4-5 weeks of downtime.... (between rain, high winds, and cold temps)
    benedictione omnes bene

www.burroviejowoodworking.com

check out my etsy store, buroviejowoodworking