It's Friday and we have another weekend so whatcha got going on ?

Don Baer

Staff member
I got a piece to deliver tomarrow then I'll clean the shop. got some small pieces to turn and another piece to vaneer. Gonna have to start to think about getting started on the big commision.
We know that Dave hawksford's got a wedding so what are yall gonna do ?

Friday:
I'll slice up a few pounds of onions to make a pot of French onion soup this afternoon. The neighbors love me when I do this! Also doing some housework and laundry to help LOML. Sure makes points with her!!!

Saturday:
Sanding and topcoat on the top panel assembly for the chest of drawers for our bedroom. Will probably do some final dimensioning for the drawer fronts for the chest also. We'll meet friends for dinner.

Sunday:
Just another lazy day! As usual, I'll whip up a good breakfast for us. Later, I'll settle in for the NASCAR Cup race at Fontana. Dinner will most likely be ribeyes on the barbie.

best laid plans aside... I'm going to finish my storage rack, fill same, and them MAybe whip up a quick cutting board or two, and a lathe stand. Then I'm going to try turning (sunday) a bowl or two. Saturday is filled with two football games, likely the 'last' ones of the seasons for each boy, so I'm going to try and make them both.

Attempting to make a box on the lathe tonight...outdoor wedding tomorrow. :( Forcast is snow/rain mix and lows in the 20s:eek:

Will be moving in a few weeks. Our new neighborhood is having a potluck tonight that we've been invited to so we can meet the new neighbors. Saturday I'll be sorting sheetgoods in the shop and helping out at a party for some friends that just got engaged. Sunday will be with my family at my aunts for her annual fall celebration. Busy weekend to say the least.

Friday:
I'll slice up a few pounds of onions to make a pot of French onion soup this afternoon. The neighbors love me when I do this! Also doing some housework and laundry to help LOML. Sure makes points with her!!!

Saturday:
Sanding and topcoat on the top panel assembly for the chest of drawers for our bedroom. Will probably do some final dimensioning for the drawer fronts for the chest also. We'll meet friends for dinner.

Sunday:
Just another lazy day! As usual, I'll whip up a good breakfast for us. Later, I'll settle in for the NASCAR Cup race at Fontana. Dinner will most likely be ribeyes on the barbie.

Hey! My wife may see this post. You're killing me!

With one of my fellow advisers in the hospital, my Saturday to work got moved up a week. So work from 8 till noon. Back to the house for lunch, then out to find a new bed for the guest bedroom. I'll need to caulk the edges of the tile. Got the prep work finished after work last night. Sunday we will probably start moving furniture back into the guest room. Have a friend coming for a week's visit on the 17th. Nothing like cutting it close!!:thumb: Have a great weekend all! Jim.

This weekend, aside from sitting on my keister, I'll be visiting with my daughter, granddaughters and son in law. Last time he was up we went fishing, but don't think so this time... it's been raining all week, supposed to rain most of weekend and I'm still not sure I can climb around the rocks yet after my little bout with the hernia. Tomorrow will be last day of first full week I've been home from the hospital.

We've got another show this weekend, so no shop time for Bonzo.

Studio City Fall 2009 Postcard 800 LR.jpg

We're going to get the booth set up tonight (minus the products), so we can sleep in a bit Saturday morning.

Any of you SoCal folks are invited to drop by and visit. The weather's supposed to be nice all weekend, which is good, since LOML and I are both fighting the old cold & fever thing. :rolleyes:

not a lot here, with the weather rainy and cold, with the possibility of snow flurries, kind of hard to get things done. i may just tidy things up and pack it in for the year. wife has been dropping hints about going shopping....:doh:

Nothin'!!!

...And with a little luck, it'll stay that way at least until I wake up Saturday morning...

Got no plans at all, but I'll bet the wife and other family will intervene...

2 of the grand kids have soccer games that the wife and I will go to. Then it's the pumpkin festival in the village.
Sunday Marilyn and I are taking a ride up north to pick up some rough sawn pine. .20 cents a bf. he also has some cherry for $1.00 bf. Can't afford a lot, but will pick up enough for a couple of projects.
Will stop for lunch and rush home to walk/carry the dog.

Got the lawn mowed today, so spinning stuff this weekend. Got some Elm blanks that have been sitting in the shop for 4 years to turn into salad bowls. Stuff is hard as a rock but beautiful grain