Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ZoneAlarm Security Suite for AV???

ZoneAlarm Security Suite for AV???

I'm running AVG Free for my antivirus and ZoneAlarm Free for my firewall. I still ended up inheriting this...

that I cannot get rid of. I tried CCleaner, Spybott, Windows Defender, and SUPERAntiSpyware to no avail.

I had NORTON on another computer and really didn't like it, and my neighbor had McAfee and that sucked....

so....

anyone have ZoneAlarm Security Suite, and, would you get it again?

and...

any ideas how to disinherit this dang popup, and whatever keeps sending it???

Thanks,

BigJoe

well joe cant help yu on the gettun rid of your pop up, but i had nortens and i have had mcafee and they are now gone,, i have had good sucess with ESET smart security, also zapersky is good.. cant tell yu if they will get rid of your now problem thou..
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Solution is simple. Just go out to the shop and find the biggest hammer you can and well you know the rest.

I had the same problem a while back. I determined that the Zone Alarm was cutting the internet connection. It should be easy enough to see if that is the cause. Just delete the Zone Alarm and if you are connected back up to the internet afterwards, then you found the problem. There were several articles I found about the two products not being compatible. This was a while back though and things might have changed. I have been happy just using the AVG free version.

I run free AVG and free Zone Alarm. No problems as of yet.
    ________

Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

First thing you do is stop using Internet Explorer and go to Firefox. Ever since I was tipped off about this a year or so ago my problems with virus and such have literally disappeared.
    I use Kaspersky anti virus. That has worked flawlessly for me.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

I second the Firefox suggestion.
    ________

Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

Avast & Zone alarm & Firefox all work together & all are free.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

Joe,

That's all I use is Zone Alarm Security Suite. It has worked well for me.
    Ken
    ------

Joe, I assume that you've looked in the 'Startup' folder (under Programs) to verify that the reminder app isn't listed there, but if not check. If there is a "reminder" app in there, drag and drop it out or delete it from there to keep it from starting.

The other place that apps get launch is from the registry. I don't know your technical skills, so this may be over your head, but can check in the "Run" registry section to see if one is listed there.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault