Dad's first Drill-press restore finally finished

Bart Leetch

I built a base & covered it with laminate for the drill-press with a drawer & place for the switch & painted & mounted another motor. I intend to build a wider wood table for it about as wide as the base which is about 16 1/2" I only have just so much room anything bigger will be drilled on the floor model drill-press.

Attachments

• Duro Drill-press 4.jpg
    Duro Drill-press 4.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 40
  • Duro Drill-press 6.jpg
    Duro Drill-press 6.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 37
  • Duro Drill-press 7.jpg
    Duro Drill-press 7.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 31
Looks like it'll work real nicely, Bart. Plus, it give the mortiser some company on the bench. ;) (I've got the same mortiser.)

Hi Bart,
.... Nice restoration and modification. I think I may have the little brother to the one you now have, (see pics). I bought mine many years ago. Talk about some iron. This thing is some kinda heavy, took two of us to carry it to the car but a nice press.

Nice job :thumb:.
P1000535b.JPG

P1000546b.JPG

:)

I built a base & covered it with laminate for the drill-press with a drawer & place for the switch & painted & mounted another motor. I intend to build a wider wood table for it about as wide as the base which is about 16 1/2" I only have just so much room anything bigger will be drilled on the floor model drill-press.

Bart, would it be possible to get a close up pic of that name tag on your restored drill?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart Leetch

now ya done it!

that sure is a respectful way of handling a piece of histroy bart, very nice job. now here is some home work fer ya, i might have missed the class but if not then here is the assignment fer ya.. i wouldlike to see your shop tour.. from what you showed us here in this post i think your hidn something..that weall need to see:):huh: